Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

2 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

It was chodtastic as was the Lotus. The event was run by a company called Car Chase Heroes, they have loads of cars including an Impreza, a Mustang, E Type, police car etc etc

It's on my wish list. Which did you prefer?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

It's on my wish list. Which did you prefer?

Of the 2 I'd say the Lotus, though I see why the original Issigonis designed Mini was so popularĀ 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind booking with them again and having a go in the Impreza, E Type and Mustang convertible

1 hour ago, DVee8 said:

Did you get hit with extra insurance costs and a hard sell?

We did with 6th gear.

Paid a insurance indemnity thing which was Ā£29, which to be fair I knew about before.Ā  I was only down to drive the Mini but they asked if I wanted to drive anything else, so I thought I might as well drive the Lotus for an extra Ā£20 as I was already there

• 1 month later...

Eccles has seen a bit of use over the last few days with nearly 700 miles covered, a trip to Bakewell last Sunday then on Tuesday a trip down to a model village in Buckinghamshire. He is nearly at 123k now

• 4 weeks later...

Eccles enjoyed his run down to Torquay today, 320 miles covered on about half a tank of diesel. He also clicked through 123456 on the run down but wasn't able to get a picture as we were on the M5 at the time. I reckon he will have done at least 1k miles by the time we get backĀ 

• Like 2

Eccles is enjoying his holiday in Torquay, we went over to Tiverton on Tuesday and had a ride on the canal on a horse drawn canal barge, yesterday was at Exmouth and today a butterfly and otter place at Buckfastleigh followed by an old pub that closed in the 60s and was left for 30 years, being saved from demolition and is now a museum.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

Eccles enjoyed his drive into Cornwall today, we went over the bridge over the River Tamar and saw Brunel's Bridge there, what a masterpiece his bridge was

I'm surprised the toll only applies travelling from Cornwall to Devon though not the other way round, anyone know why that is?

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I'm surprised the toll only applies travelling from Cornwall to Devon though not the other way round, anyone know why that is?

They assume nearly everyone is going to travel both ways at some stage. Why Ā queue up to pay twice,? (and pay for someone to collect it) , just charge double and collect it in one direction only.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Eccles went to Lands End today, he has done over 1000 miles since we left Yorkshire and will have done nearly 1500 by the time we get home tomorrowĀ 

• Like 2

Arrived home last night having done over 400 miles in about 8 hours. Eccles has done around 1450 miles in the last fortnightĀ 

Suspension bush work booked for the 8th July along with the MOT/service on the 26th July

• 2 weeks later...

Eccles is in for service and MOT on the 26th, he will also be getting both front suspension arms replaced then as the garage said they were borderline as to whether it would pass or fail

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped Eccles off for service and MOT, he is also getting new front suspension arms on both sides

• Like 2

Total bill for today Ā£778.09,Ā  most of which was down to the suspension arms. Eccles certainly handles better now the work has been doneĀ 

Eccles has had a trip over the Humber Bridge today to the International Bomber Command Centre at LincolnĀ 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I restuck the drivers door seal on yesterdayĀ 

What product did you use? I've found 3M VHB to be the best to date, interested to hear of any alternatives

11 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What product did you use? I've found 3M VHB to be the best to date, interested to hear of any alternatives

Gorilla tape