Ramp It Up - Rent a 2 post lift or bay per hour in Bristol

SiC

We've done something similar to this down our shared unit but the charge was £40 a day for the ramp, a day is pretty much as long as you like, I left at 12 midnight and there were still lads grafting.

That was to a previous member of the group but the main man is looking to generate business all the time so it could be possible to do, you'd have to check prices with him though.

SiC have you tried area 52 on retro rides? That's a community run thing up in brizzle and I'm sure they'd sort you out. We're in Hungerford so perhaps a bit far for you but if you got desperate I could ask the man in charge?

BTW garage communities are a great way of getting use of facilities that otherwise cost mucho $$$, it's something I'll maybe look into doing in the future, split the space into 5 or 6 bays with central access to the ramp and Roberts your mothers brother.

Seems quite dear tbh. Last year ( before I went vat reg and raised my labour rate) you could have had a ramp , tools and a mechanic with 20 years experience for 25 an hour

Agreed, I've a local mechanic I know well who I use for stuff I can't tackle myself.

If I was doing a job that needed a ramp id throw the car down to him. I won't have to stress about getting the job done within the time I've booked the ramp for, and he's very easy to pay so the £50 would go quite some distance.

If I had the space I would love a ramp, but the cost of one would buy a lot of chod.......

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Actually having had second thoughts, I would be tempted to hire or borrow ramp time for one job - having a good look at the chassis once a year and applying waxoyl / underseal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

There's a guy in Cornwall who does the same, at £25/hr.

Strangely enough, he's the former manager of the Car Club at work so he saw a niche in the market and went for it!

Could you pm contact details? MR2 needs a bit of TLC over coming months...

It's alright renting a ramp out to someone but if they have a cock up halfway into a job, you are stuck with a car in the way. It'd infuriate me seeing how some people work - near me recently I saw someone taking a gearbox out at the side of the road, supported by a jack. I couldn't watch, it was inevitable the car would fall off the jack or he'd drop the gearbox on his bollocks trying to take the weight as he drew it out the wheelarch.

Sounds like some of the heroes from ClickMechanic who I occasionally take jobs on behalf of. The 24% commission and the expectation of basically rebuilding a wreck at the side of the road in the rain and wind makes me laugh..but there is dudes out there who will....