Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

I have been using, for years, a Halfraud ciggy tyre inflator. Has a dial to select 'cut-off' pressure <never worked, even new> ?

Last week, popping a few pounds in, it began labouring and even stopped once <the on/off switch failed years ago and it is wired direct now> .... HOWEVER the end of the black ciggy 'plug-in' had melted/chewwy gum :(

I have bought this >>>

81Sf9U18v4L._SL1500_.jpg

See if we get 20yr out of it......

*it has no on/off switch but I shall cut in a LazyBetty rocker switch.

;)

My 'double socket' USB dash plugin/Voltmeter arrived earlier.

41UxOlFUVUL._SL1000_.jpg

Display is a Bright LED Red.... Not blue.

Ign *Acc = 12.2V

Ign on /not running + HRW switched on 11.9 dropping slowly

Engine running = 14.1 (HRW has no effect on/off)

*ciggy isn't 'always live'.

;)

Got tyre inflator.... Chopped off 1/2 rubber air line & spliced the Halfrauds pipe + good solid clipon end.

Screwed the whole thing into the 'old' bottom half of the Halfrauds pump casing, which is a heavy plastic moulding, to stop it 'skipping about'.

Can't find the lazy-betty inline switch so I shall just switch on by Ign/Acc position.....

Need to test it now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The centre exhaust section [crispy end/gumgum wrapped] has finally given up the ghost ?

..... My mates @ATS couldn't get a price through their stockist [quelle normal] as it's So Old.

2 mins Googlefu had me a Leeds stockist @£24, inc Del !! ?

Courier today or Wed - they pongged me to confirm fitting/uk reg no.

ATS lads will fit it for me.... Winnah Chicken Dinnah

As an aside, to above Winnings....

I visited 'Exhaust Doctor', Shiremoor, to just ask if they might 'fabb up' my DIY 'clamporama' T4 backbox so it was solid pipe - some pipe + mig.

Guy says bring your own mid ex pipe and it would be around £100/120... and a slot in 2weeks.

Call that a 'pass', then  ?

On 8/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, tooSavvy said:

Hmm.... that went well ?

Stockist has 'stock misallocation' = no pipe...

Refund in motion and further digging required.

?

Gochaa! ;)

Deffo 'on the shelf' and ordered just now - when PayPal refunded the previous charge back onto my Pockit card....

Bloody bonnet refused to 'poingg' last night... Had the anklebiter rest her @$$ on the edge... Still nowt.

Thismorning I set about a plan to remove the drivers kick panel, where the lever is mounted, for some Bad@$$ cable heaving >> thought I might try ONE MORE heave = Poingg OPEN !!

Lathered it with Poondies 'fizzy' spraygrease & wapped it half a dozen times >> drop/poingg/drop/poingg.... All OK ?

Ffff nelll....

"...there's a hole in my bucket!!.."

Got mid pipe fitted fine :)

My 'three times lucky' front pipe is blowing like fcuk @manifold flange.

The last time they [re]fitted the front pipe, the fitter commented "these bastard fine thread Toyota studs are cnuts for stripping!!" = he didn't lean on them = hence now blowing of course :(

My man is ordering three new studs and will remove (gas ftw) and replace/retighten the manifold flange...

Old cars? Who'd avvemm ;)

Saga of Exhuaust.... Is exhausted! :)

48693892802_5e045c303b_z.jpg

48693386043_ae960e5e32_z.jpg

..... I have had my mates, @ATS Wallsend, fit my centre pipe [sourced through Ebay as they couldn't get one] and - just now - spend two hours (with Oxy bottles) replacing 3 manifold studs + nuts.

F.O.C. as it was blowing, after the previous 'Warranty' downpipe replacement....

Winnah ;)

Bored + Itchy 'trigger finger' = impulse Ebay buy :)

5m OTG android boroscope.... £7.99

s-l400.jpg

I want to look into my sills...

... Chassis rails

... Sunroof runner/drain holes [cassette in roof so can't see anything]

... Behind kitchen cupboards

... Under bath

... Will think of more elaborate excuses when SWMBO picks up package from door mat

;)

* just arrived @Sat am... Excellent but (so web says) getting a stable display app is the bugga ?

Images crystal clear but keep dropping out.

** 'USB Camera' app (look for ShenYau) = sorted gr9

;)

48764088931_0e0fb672b1_z.jpg

.... I slit up the undertray (last change) and it makes the oil filter much easier to access. Downside is the plastic tray flops down = I ferreted out a piece of alloy plate, folded it back V and then crimped it onto the plastic tray edge + bent it up into an upcurve ... Tray unseen :)

48763760828_bce951ed1f_z.jpg

48764082691_16a805ec7d_z.jpg

After doing the oil.... I did the wiper arms with Poondies mattblack, greased the sunroof servo cables with Poondies spraygrease, did a bit of wheelarch smartening.....

10087.jpg

*20 minutes in bright sunlight got it well hot/pressured up/water thin GR9

Up on the ramps, at the back, I sprayed my Comma 'totalrustcure' aerosol vapour [easily guided out from the straw-on-cap] all over the suspension & fuel tank pipes & brakepipes & innerwheel lips & all along sill lower lips.... Not a drop got onto me!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I would have no argument with anyone here, accusing me of Bodgitt n'Scarper detailing.

ToMM© delivering as she did, a Clean Sheet MOT on Tuesday does her part but - titivating prerequisites to the fore... I needed paint!

Nigh enough for galloping horses/cheap old stock£ will do ;)

I scored this Hycote @theRange £4.99

48875431351_e8d109397c.jpgVx Metroblue_metallic by tooSavvy, on Flickr

...... WBOD grade fix, aye :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

$hite and thrice....!

Anklebiter #2, one of the other gk, was in the back and asked me if she could drop the window for some freshair - simultaneously enquiring where the handle was?

I deftly stroked 'my' rear window controller and impressed said maggot muchly by such levitational slight-of-hand :)

..... Muchly was I embarrassed by the reluctance of the window to ascend, moments later  :(

I jumped out of the car, having dropped my drivers window, reached in and 'pwr up' the back window whilst pulling.... It whirred falteringly up to a good tight close....

I blame it never moving in 3yr (..... if ever, who knows).....

Now on my 2DO list. ;)

**L8 noose**

Judicious application of Halfrauds Silicone Lube + a dozen or so 'up/down' has normal service resumed :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy FCKU You, baybbeee ?

Parked up in Silverlink, in a bay. Gets back and the original car on my side has gone and a 'trendee faymilee' have crushed their hatch into it with Zero% door space for a portly fellah...

I squeeze inelegantly in (whilst Pa heaves the pushhy out the back) all the time being stared at by Arabella, an 8yr old in the drivers seat...

KaffwaKKK....  Arabella shoulder charges the drivers door open, into mine!

She runs into the arms of Pa, as he remonstrates [don't let me see you do that into Uncle Rodericks Tesla!!] all the while fuckking glowering at ME!!

I got her started up, powered the window down as I reversed back out shouts "Aye... Lucky it wasn't a new one!"

...... fuckkkkingggg arsewipes grrrrrrrr :(

• 2 weeks later...

Started getting the 'kdink kdonk' of exhaust touching rear crossmember AGAIN ....

The whole 'ensemble' is tightly U-clamped but, when the centre pipe was replaced, everything got yankked about and this has resulted in some movement.

Oh.... For a welder! I could have lashed up my backbox pipework and blazzed it solid - fit n forget!!

Instead, I spent a chilly 1/2hr lying in the lane [up on the ramps] retightening bracketry whilst pushing the system up..... Silence restored ;)