tooSavvy

Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

...... ooo err, missus!

47417098222_d9c9824579_c.jpg

I have a fuel leak. It is the small bore tank return, from the mech pump.

Last year the garage remade a section of brake pipe, badly rusted - let in with acorns each end, and then clipped up the plastic protector on top.... I think they might have nipped this rubber pipe :(

I'm at the garage 9AM and we will see whats up...

Dropped into A V Taylor, Byker, 9AM...

3ft 3/16" flexi fuel pipe £3.50

2x 12MM screw clamps £1.50

46555345495_c9bb698fed_c.jpg

... garage @9:15 >> 20min wait *+£10 'xmas fund' :)

£15 and home.

Opinions were the old rubber hose was goosed.

*and no, not DIY job as I hate fuel up my armpit!!

Following on from TheDoctor (Corolla choke/bad running) I have decided... as part of my carb refresh/tune-up... to fit a Manual Choke conversion.

71nFtUFwdnL._SL1500_.jpg

Arrived yesterday... MuchhoLonnggo

The car starts instantly and the choke does disengage BUT I'm not convinced it is going off completely >> I like ON/OFF controls so I'm fitting it! :)

*the pull handle is a bit 'lawnmower starter pull' but that will get modified to a simple disc knob.

Looked under the dash for wiring to install 'plip lock/unlock'.

Doh! Loom exiting door/with control wiring is wrapped like rope... I'll have to seriously think about the way ahead on this :/

Need a pair of T10 sidelight bulbs (one duff)

....LED any good? (not HotttBloooo!)

*edit >> found one in a Ring bulbkit in the boot = poondies special :)

Needed to use an OE spanner, like a screwdriver, to turn the holder as it is '8yr olds' hand accessible :/

Holiday Heed!

Few days R&R on the West side... Sumptious rumble across the A69. Anyone knowing the road will have 'creamed a few HGV' on the long bank @Blenkinsopp.

I stove the carpet pile from 55 at the bottom and crested, with an Aldi, @85.. That was the last of the HGVs.

;)

I've been looking at my rear speakers.... Well looking at how tf you get to them 😕

I looked under the rear deck.... And there is a simple hole with the magnet poking through - but no nuts...

Nothing on the back shelf to give a clue to access... "#uckkitt, something will have to give!" fingernail abuse got the placcie cover off >> the speaker IS the steel mount for the cover :(

In order to replace the speaker you need to cut out the 'old' circle cone and mount the new (smaller) speaker into the cone-plate.

47788261912_6f38c3c8f6_z.jpg
RearSpeaker_below

47840414891_a73e6e58c9_c.jpg
RearSpeaker_above

^^^ this guy has cut the cone off and reused the square plate 'flipped'... Still retaining the factory covers.

Now I have looked at the whole POS close up... strategy is forming for the way ahead 🤔

..... I had a poke about, under the car, as the back box was sounding a bit 'pfutta pfutta' on idle. The clamped joint was leaking a smidge so I splodged wrap over it >> gudd gudd...

..... still hearing a 'pfutta pfutta' but now more forward located!

Having had the front pipe replaced last year, I fluffered down to ATS for them to take a look >> cracked flexi !

Part due in today but BHol flappage means a refit likely now Tuesday....

Warranty Winnahz 🎱

When I got ToMM© I noticed a split/puncture in the padded section of the n/s/r doorcard.... Just below the window.

Never really bothered me, as in '.. aye, well..' but subsequent transporting of small children has resulted in a tear...

I have done a stikkie attempt once before but it had no effect whatsoever/give up/lose interest :(

I have noticed it again <ha! I never travel in the back> and went into Poondland on a recce....

PI-3646.jpg

.... We Will See ....