Lidl paint sprayer

Philyc

NO! Absolutely not! I've seen a bonnet painted with one of these, it was about 30 times less consistent than rattle cans.

Drips, clogging and stringing were just some of the issues. They're Ok chassis work though, but best suited to water based and fence panels/shed.

post-20129-0-49307200-1467310523_thumb.png

Ma brother painted his alloy BMW wheels with some Lidl Spray can paint, stuff was quite good twas German. Only thing he ran out of the stuff on the last wheel & the store or any firkin other Lidl store within a 200mile radius had ziltch!  He had to spray all four wheels again as he couldn't get any more of this Lidl German stuff or any other in the right silver shade colour.  Didn't know there were so many basterd shades of Silver< Perhaps some of us shitsters have hair like that.

attachicon.gifdoc-divi-vs-beaver-builder.png

Ma brother painted his alloy BMW wheels with some Lidl Spray can paint, stuff was quite good twas German. Only thing he ran out of the stuff on the last wheel & the store or any firkin other Lidl store within a 200mile radius had ziltch!  He had to spray all four wheels again as he couldn't get any more of this Lidl German stuff or any other in the right silver shade colour.  Didn't know there were so many basterd shades of Silver< Perhaps some of us shitsters have hair like that.

it's made by Baufix and is damn good stuff, wish I had bought a load more. The stonechip is brilliant.

But this sprayer is not for cars, very different animal.

I bought an Earlex electric paint gun a few years ago thinking it would be good for zapping emulsion onto walls fast. It turned out to be very slow; I think it would actually spray cellulose very well as it has a very well made brass nozzle and a good spray pattern.

I have a 2 or 2.5 hp (can't remember) 50L compressor.  That can only just manage a small touch up gun and you have to constantly stop and wait for the compressor to catch up.

It's wierd that you have to spend so much to exceed what can be done with a rattle can, but that seems to be how it is.

I have a 2 or 2.5 hp (can't remember) 50L compressor. That can only just manage a small touch up gun and you have to constantly stop and wait for the compressor to catch up.

It's wierd that you have to spend so much to exceed what can be done with a rattle can, but that seems to be how it is.

Really? My trusty old Aldi 50L and gun run fine at 2bar, the compressor runs constantly, but I've done everything rrom panels to blowing a complete van over with it. Really surprisingly good results fom the 20 quid gun with the suppled 1.3.

I used one of these when I was in France years ago, I had a white Alfa Romeo Guiletta Spider that I sprayed blue. I just masked it up with newspaper and did it in a clearing in a wooded area, running one of these off a car battery.

The car never ran right as I think the exhaust was blocked, and I crashed it into some old man driving a Peugeot shortly after anyway.

Really? My trusty old Aldi 50L and gun run fine at 2bar, the compressor runs constantly, but I've done everything rrom panels to blowing a complete van over with it. Really surprisingly good results fom the 20 quid gun with the suppled 1.3.

The finish was good.  But the compressor would run almost as soon as you pull the trigger.  Maybe if I had just carried on and let it run it would have been fine but I didn't want to muck up the job by having the compressor not keep up so I was stopping regularly and waiting for it to stop.

Someone gave me my compressor which I repaired (stripped head bolts and a broken cooling fan) but I have no idea if the piston seals properly (it's an oil free one).  It is so noisy though that it's an embarrassment to use it.

I used one of these when I was in France years ago, I had a white Alfa Romeo Guiletta Spider that I sprayed blue. I just masked it up with newspaper and did it in a clearing in a wooded area, running one of these off a car battery.

The car never ran right as I think the exhaust was blocked, and I crashed it into some old man driving a Peugeot shortly after anyway.

Where you actually inThe Day of the Jackal??