Fusion Fun - heated screen mutimeter testing

egg

Those tiny wiper arm pullers are pennies.

Cheers. I got one - and did the wiper/scuttle removal and clean as below.

Before and after pics, not sure if had any real value and danger of it just being a detailing job really!! Oh, and one of the wipers drags now, so probably not quite well aligned!! Win.

Bottom of screen has a kind of white fuzziness too it as in pics - possibly linked to heated screen fail. Multimeter fun coming soon...

post-20084-0-76866100-1454081512_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-82326100-1454081515_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

If there's 0V at all points then you have a dodgy 12v feed - it could be the relay - they'll still make a click even if the contacts are paggered. Maybe crap wiring somewhere or a baggy connector. 2x30A fuses makes me think this runs two separate circuits though so again you'd probably only lose one side at a time.

Thanks to Cobblers advice I have finally tested this. I have 0V at all points on both sides of the screen (assuming I can handle a multimeter correctly - set at 20v DC). So maybe try a new relay - or as spring is pretty much here, and I intend to sell the Fusion this year, give up!

edit - there are still 71 ohms across the two smaller connectors on the relay - so in theory, it is not the relay either  :-(

Are you sure it's 12v at the side? As that looks like a brown wire connecting to the ribbon, surely that's earth.

Earth at the top live at the bottom in this pic. Two connectors on each side. I was testing the earth to a door handle. Should I have just been testing across the two connectors?

IMG_20160117_110741_zpsjofkzebf.jpg