Rover 600 rear brake question.t

NorfolkNWeigh

This car has been nothing but trouble since I bought it from Fatha-Angrydicky for £100 ,24 hours before its appointment with the bridge almost a year ago.

After a summer of abuse by my daughters in Brittany it was put into everyday use by another daughter .

That's when the problems started,

1. It needed a brakelight bulb for the MOT.

2. I had to buy a new front tyre because it only had one brand new Michlein in the spare.

I know,I know I should be calling watchdog not Autoshite, but I guess I'm just too easy going!

Now for today's problem,apparently one of the back brakes is binding, now I think it's got a brand new calliper on one side,so I'm hoping it's the other one.

Question is, is there any point in messing around with a jet wash or brake cleaner etc or when they fuck up is it just a case of whacking a new one on ?

post-17414-0-15972100-1431340335_thumb.jpg

Random picture I took last week because it looked like a 1997 group test.

In my limited experience, once they start binding you might free it off and it get by another week or two, but generally you are best getting another either exchange or recon. If I'm right in thinking the 600 would have an internal handbrake shoe to disc? If its got the integral handbrake/foot brake type then you might get joy winding the piston in to unseize it and cleaning up the handbrake detent on the back of the caliper. Unless its the cable seizing inside its sheathing I'd rule that out also.

• Like 1