Torsten's Toss! Is Back!

Torsten2001

I love all Volvos but the 240 is the daddy for me, the 740's are okay but I just can't get that worked up about them. You could buy that 740 for £75, get it through an MOT and it would do you right for another 10 years hard labour but with 3 Volvos at the moment I'll only save 'em from a fate worse than death, I think that one's going to a good home, at least I hope so!

Blimey, it's you! That's being smoked around by a colleague at the mo, I managed to snaffle a 2.5se auto which is my 850 representative now, the red one is a great car, popped a window in it, cleaned it up and it's doing sterling service. How are you getting on with the Saab, is it behaving?

haha! Glad to hear the old girl is still going strong, I'm sure there is plenty of life left in her! In the mega miles I covered in europe in her she always did me proud.. Let me know if your ever getting rid.. I may just want her back! I've still got the Saab, which is proving itself reliable, just sailed through an MOT yesterday with no faults and no advisories, hopefully i will be swapping it for something else soon, have my eye on something and hopefully it will come off..

Man alive! I love those things, only ever knowingly seen two and both in scrapyards. So elegant.I'm not going to be in a position to do anything about it in the near future, but it's still deserving of a note left on it if ever you're in that area again, please?Can you recall if it was 1600 or 2000? I'd guess the latter, too lazy to check DVLA right now.

The vehicle details for LVS 621P are: Date of Liability 01 12 2007 Date of First Registration 01 12 1975 Year of Manufacture 1975 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1995CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire Vehicle Colour GREEN

• 2 weeks later...

MK2 Galant! There was also a saloon knocking around on ebay about 2/3 years ago down in Devon way I think. I was very tempted to go and get it for the £400 or so it went for. Everything is right about this car, down to the colour. WANT. I think this is better looking that the similarly aged GTO, but on par with a Lancer.

I think this is better looking that the similarly aged GTO...

I agree DC. (Looks over shoulder to make sure R-Rer TeamBlitz isn’t here.) The GTO is a bit like a scaled-down muscle car, more aggressive, but perhaps a bit derivative?...

The coupe like this green one is much more graceful, the roofline and slight (but not excessive) bulge to the rear quarter are very elegant. It’d sit in my dream stable alongside Mantas A and early B, C130 Laurel saloon and others. That reminds me, must make up my Santa’s wish list.

By coincidence, the long-gone scrapyard where I’d seen one of these back in 1995 is a site up for redevelopment on which I have to design a pallet distribution facility for a haulier client. Every time I work on it I shall think wistfully of that poor old Galant.

I think this is better looking that the similarly aged GTO...

I agree DC. (Looks over shoulder to make sure R-Rer TeamBlitz isn’t here.) The GTO is a bit like a scaled-down muscle car, more aggressive, but perhaps a bit derivative?...

The coupe like this green one is much more graceful, the roofline and slight (but not excessive) bulge to the rear quarter are very elegant. It’d sit in my dream stable alongside Mantas A and early B, C130 Laurel saloon and others. That reminds me, must make up my Santa’s wish list.

By coincidence, the long-gone scrapyard where I’d seen one of these back in 1995 is a site up for redevelopment on which I have to design a pallet distribution facility for a haulier client. Every time I work on it I shall think wistfully of that poor old Galant.

I too prefer these to the GTO, although not to the FTO, which i would dearly love. Maybe if i get my van sold and can reap some VW scene tax off it i might be able to realise my dream...

Am I to assume we're not talking about these two?.....

No, this is the original GTO (well, after Pontiac and Ferrari).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't have an FTO image to hand, quite a chunky-looking little thing.

As they're so nice, here's another image of the Galant coupe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Different grilles between 1600 and 2-litre versions.

• 2 weeks later...