Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

You just need to move them around a bit to spread the white out, there are 6ish white cars and 5 or so non-white, alternate them or put some coloured ones in the middle. 

Or buy more coloured cars.

I do agree with Lady Cyl that the drive is lacking a bit of colour but isn't that a bit like complaining that your herd of talking Pandas can only speak one language or summat.

Congrats on the Visa GT, I really hope it's not too bad. What percentage of the UK Visa population are you up to now?

• Like 1

I do agree with Lady Cyl that the drive is lacking a bit of colour but isn't that a bit like complaining that your herd of talking Pandas can only speak one language or summat.

Congrats on the Visa GT, I really hope it's not too bad. What percentage of the UK Visa population are you up to now?

I don't think we lack coloured cars just until last night I had not given a thought to what colours the cars were on our drive.

There are 126 Visas know by the DVLA/independent Visa forum and I only have 4, that is a mere 3%.

I am not sure I like the box on the back.

I have one for holiday luggage- it also doubles as a tiny pick up truck for the tip run once you've removed the bootlid!

post-8687-0-85728300-1473362262_thumb.jpg

The plan was to drop the engine, wheels and crane in the field with the LNA and leave the Mobile Mech to get on with it. That did not work out as it is the first larger job he has done for me and did not know where anything was so instead of working I spent the day fitting the LNA engine with him. The engine is now in and turns over but we still have to check the fuel system as there was no petrol cap on the car when I bought it and I am worried about what is in the tank.

Next thrilling episode on Monday!

post-4787-0-99880000-1473363425_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-15200300-1473363500_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-14406000-1473363520_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-60373600-1473363535_thumb.jpg

I have one for holiday luggage- it also doubles as a tiny pick up truck for the tip run once you've removed the bootlid!

OK but I have a Visa for that!

And I have failed to order a Matts hood so you are off the hook!

OK but I have a Visa for that!And I have failed to order a Matts hood so you are off the hook!

Have you decided on another? I'm still free to help fit one.

So having skipped work all day, I decided to spend my early evening and the last of the daylight cleaning the MG Metro engine!

I have a garage returning our MG Metro Mk1 to the road for me, but the job has grown from a quick recommissioning to a restoration! They say they don't do restorations and if I want my engine painted I had better come to their workshop and paint it! I did not think engine cleaning in a garage workshop felt right, so I have bought it home. In spite of this they are great guys and they have fallen into this job without too much complaint and say the car will be running and MOTed by Christmas. The plan will then be to have it painted.

post-4787-0-52776000-1473366288_thumb.jpg

Fantastic. Great to see that little LNA coming back to life.

I must be quite odd, as I am so much more interested in this than far more exotic machinery

I must be odd too because I get so much fun playing with the LNA when it makes no sense!

I decided I would buy the Matts one for this weekend so you could help me fit it, but I have failed.

No problem, let me know when you get it and we can sort something out.

• Like 1

I decided I would buy the Matts one for this weekend so you could help me fit it, but I have 12845124 other things to do and i forgot cos ooh maserati/cx/alfa/twin pot (list runs for 90 pages).

cough :D

Are you coming to our "Field of Dreams" open day 17/18 Sep?

I will certainly make the effort and definitely if you need a roof fitting. Pm the address of said field and times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Vitesse passed its MOT today, just a front wheel bearing needed adjusting. The 16 year old rear tyres with cracks were not bad enough to fail, but were replace anyway. There is a Triumph meeting tomorrow night in Bicester and then a week Sunday (2nd Oct) I plan to take it to The Bicester Heritage Sunday scramble meeting.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/

post-4787-0-60642600-1474311515_thumb.jpg

No pub for me tonight so an update of my motoring week instead:

The company that took my order for a LNA radiator said they could not get one and I could not find one anywhere else. At last the club had located a secondhand one which I hope to collect in about a weeks time.

A new clutch and variator has been ordered for my Peugeot 103 Moped from France thanks to Phanhard 65

A new secondhand Magneto for Tiddly truck arrived today.

The small damp patch on the Xantia V6 LHM pump turned into a gush and today I have had a mobile Citroen Mech sort it out.

The C15 has broken its front pipe and a replacement has been ordered but the van is noisily still in use.

New MOT on MX5 today with a small bit of welding.

MG Metro has had the engine block put back in it.

Visa GT collection booked for next Tuesday.

Saturday - I am planning to join other AS at Cannock Auction, topless with the MX5.

Sunday - BL day at Milton Keynes Museum with the Sovereign S2

post-4787-0-83394600-1474658773_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-90486600-1474658788_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-08493500-1474658807_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It seems I could be in trouble with Mrs 6C because I told her the blowing exhaust on the van would be ok for her drive this weekend, it fell off with only a mile to go and had to be strapped up to continue.

post-4787-0-19070600-1474824610_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Today I have been and collected the Visa GT today using our Xantia and a borrowed trailer.

The first look at the Visa GT shows this is not going to be a quick fix, is there a welder in the house!

Sorry my Samsung phone on a Tesco account will not load live pictures to this site so it has all happened already!

post-4787-0-88077200-1475002568_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-40402800-1475002591_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-28003600-1475002618_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-45325700-1475002638_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-15894400-1475002652_thumb.jpg