Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

Back home. Good and bad 404 wise. Got rid of some useless electrickery fitted the new bonnet cable and it worked first time. Then Chris wanted a spring attached, which I did and the bonnet release no longer works in situ, but does when removed from its anchor point. I think there may be a better route for it, but couldn’t find it. 

both horns now work - hi and low tone.

the windscreen washer pump doesn’t and is dead.

the boot is all tidied up, wire brushes and painted hammerite beige. As is the c15 !

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

fitted the new bonnet cable and it worked first time. Then Chris wanted a spring attached, which I did and the bonnet release no longer works in situ, but does when removed from its anchor point. I think there may be a better route for it, but couldn’t find it. 

*gets REV throttle cable PTSD flashbacks*

10 minutes ago, hairnet said:

pics or bullshit and youve been in the pub :D

I wish! Chris expects his minions to work hard in the full sun !

10 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

*gets REV throttle cable PTSD flashbacks*

Once I’d worked out how it went, I just needed six double jointed fingers to do it. I don’t know why it did work but doesn’t now. It’s like it’s got too much tension on it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

IMG_0482.png

I find those generally have a lifespan of between 6 months and a year before they stop pumping.  They'll still "work" as in the motor will still whizz round, but they won't actually pump anything.

6 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I find those generally have a lifespan of between 6 months and a year before they stop pumping.  They'll still "work" as in the motor will still whizz round, but they won't actually pump anything.

We ran a wire straight from the battery ( which I made up with the wires from the old ignition module). Not a sausage from it. So the cabin button could be fine . The old one looks identical to this eBay cheapy.

1 minute ago, hairnet said:

DISAPOINT NO SOSSIDGE

No whirrryy motor noises either.

oh and the Saab also has forum beige blotches on it like it’s got acne! But @Six-cylindertold me to do it. He was sitting in the shade barking out orders!

3 minutes ago, hairnet said:

JAWOHL HERR OBERST

He arrived like the old mafia boss in Sicily in his little fiat with a Panama hat. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Once I’d worked out how it went, I just needed six double jointed fingers to do it. I don’t know why it did work but doesn’t now. It’s like it’s got too much tension on it.

IMG_20230624_111050 broad.jpg

IMG_20230624_154449 broad.jpg

IMG_20230624_110930 broad.jpg

• Like 2

I don’t know what was on the boot carpet I was kneeling on to do your lordships bidding with the c15, but I’ve had to use swarfega and the nail brush to get my knees clean again!

Plus found two hand written signs in the 404  - out of petrol back soon, and for sale knock for info.

and a 2cv bonnet stay!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

I don’t know what was on the boot carpet I was kneeling on to do your lordships bidding with the c15, but I’ve had to use swarfega and the nail brush to get my knees clean again!

thought. i. do. not. want.