Going, going, gone!

bigstraight6

Not seen an example of either of those in years now. Not surprising on one hand as both were shite, but on the other hand Ellesmere Port (up the road from here) honestly must have been Talbot's biggest sales area because every fucker round there semed to have one, and if they didn't they had a Metro instead!

A great pair - I love both as they are both from the period that all my favourite cars are from. The MkI Scirocco is (or was) even rarer than the Talbot Horizon but that's probably because A) they made fewer of them because they are a niche coupe rather than a practical hatchback and B) they stopped producing them when the MkII came out about 3 or 4 years before they stopped the Horizon. They are now of around equal rarity I suppose as the Horizon's decline has sped up in recent years with the anti old car brigade! It was a fellow COTY winna tho along with one of mine so you can't argue with that can you! :lol:Back when I was a child I actually preferred the MkII Scirocco as I thought the MkI looked bland in comparison, but the passing of the years (both of the cars & of me!) has made me seen the error of my ways & I now find the MkI seriously sexy & the MkII boring as there are obviously far more of them still around!Also they styling cues of the also not unattractive Corrado clearly came from the MkI Scirocco rather than the MkII.