Citroen Car Club X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Citroening

XRally20131_zpse3165b1d.jpg

Howdy folks - thought I'd post this up on here as I'm sure there's plenty of Citroen fanciers on here... :wink:

2 weeks today is the X Rally of the CCC, being held at Burghley House, Stamford. Following on from last years inaugural X Rally that was a brilliant success, we will of course be holding it again this year. The date, as you can see on the above information poster, is the 7th April 2013 and this once again combines with Burghley's Fine Food Market that is a well represented event that they hold each year.

If you attended last year you will know that we got a brilliant turnout of 80+ Citroëns which for a first was excellent. There were 26 BXs, 19 Xantias, 13 XMs and 9 CXs there, and 19 "others". Autoshite's very own Mr Dollywobbler picked up the Shed of the Show prize with his then BX!

So, looking past the current wintry conditions, this is two weeks today! I'll have to get Alan to have a word with his friend's in high places again... If the weather was so bad that the grassed area was unsuitable then I am currently in talks with Burghley regarding an area of hardstanding right outside the house... Updates to follow as and when...

Few more details for you:

Arrival from 9:30am please!

Cost will be £5 parking for each car.

Prize-giving for awards will be at 3:00pm (or before depending on weather etc).

2 for 1 entry to House & Gardens on production of CCC Membership card.

If you're wondering what it's all about, have a gander at some pics from last year here - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 23#p313523

Thanks! Any questions, just ask!

XRally20131_zpse3165b1d.jpg

Howdy folks - thought I'd post this up on here as I'm sure there's plenty of Citroen fanciers on here... :wink:

2 weeks today is the X Rally of the CCC, being held at Burghley House, Stamford. Following on from last years inaugural X Rally that was a brilliant success, we will of course be holding it again this year. The date, as you can see on the above information poster, is the 7th April 2013 and this once again combines with Burghley's Fine Food Market that is a well represented event that they hold each year.

If you attended last year you will know that we got a brilliant turnout of 80+ Citroëns which for a first was excellent. There were 26 BXs, 19 Xantias, 13 XMs and 9 CXs there, and 19 "others". Autoshite's very own Mr Dollywobbler picked up the Shed of the Show prize with his then BX!

So, looking past the current wintry conditions, this is two weeks today! I'll have to get Alan to have a word with his friend's in high places again... If the weather was so bad that the grassed area was unsuitable then I am currently in talks with Burghley regarding an area of hardstanding right outside the house... Updates to follow as and when...

Few more details for you:

Arrival from 9:30am please!

Cost will be £5 parking for each car.

Prize-giving for awards will be at 3:00pm (or before depending on weather etc).

2 for 1 entry to House & Gardens on production of CCC Membership card.

If you're wondering what it's all about, have a gander at some pics from last year here - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 23#p313523

Thanks! Any questions, just ask!

I will only go if the secret Project X is there :P

And C3 drivers must bring XMs instead, even if borrowed :wink: .

Then I will bring an XM with trailer, with X1/9 on top, for added Xness

I will only go if the secret Project X is there :P

And C3 drivers must bring XMs instead, even if borrowed :wink: .

Then I will bring an XM with trailer, with X1/9 on top, for added Xness

I can't make it this year either. Last year worked well because I did Pride of Longbridge on the Saturday and used that as a stepping stone on my way to Lincs. It's a bloomin' long way to go for a day in a field, so sadly it won't be happening for me this time. Was great last year though - loads of BXs!

I can't make it this year either. Last year worked well because I did Pride of Longbridge on the Saturday and used that as a stepping stone on my way to Lincs. It's a bloomin' long way to go for a day in a field, so sadly it won't be happening for me this time. Was great last year though - loads of BXs!

moar pics to follow.

I've just bought this one lady + supplying dealer 60 thousand miler.

8589235533_6240956205.jpg

Just got home with it and I was wondering...can I come ?

My neighbour has one too, can he come ?

moar pics to follow.

I've just bought this one lady + supplying dealer 60 thousand miler.

8589235533_6240956205.jpg

I'm hoping to make this in the ex-Dollywobbler BX, though I think it's a more different ex-DW BX than the one mentioned above.

Indeed! That'd be "Timex" as it's now known... Pictured below at last years X Rally...

edf902cf.jpg

Yes, please do! Infact, I think I'll pop this on the AXOC website too as that might drum up some interest...

Can't do X travel, I'm afraid. Will a C4 HDi do?

All Citroens are very welcome. In fact, I'll be in a C4 too...! (As well as hopefully something else Citroen shaped, all being well...)

As one of the organisers of the X Rally, of course everyone is welcome be it in an X model or not! This Rally was set up mainly due to the CX, XM and Xantia owners wanting another show earlier in the year (their show is in September each year) and the BX'ers not having a show of their own. Thus, the X Rally was born! ALL Citroen's are welcome and we'll even let you in if you're not in a Citroen (it happens!). I know there'll be a Vel Satis there, for example...

It's the first proper CCC Event of the year which will help numbers attending...

I'm hoping to make this in the ex-Dollywobbler BX, though I think it's a more different ex-DW BX than the one mentioned above.

Indeed! That'd be "Timex" as it's now known... Pictured below at last years X Rally...

edf902cf.jpg

Yes, please do! Infact, I think I'll pop this on the AXOC website too as that might drum up some interest...

Can't do X travel, I'm afraid. Will a C4 HDi do?

All Citroens are very welcome. In fact, I'll be in a C4 too...! (As well as hopefully something else Citroen shaped, all being well...)

As one of the organisers of the X Rally, of course everyone is welcome be it in an X model or not! This Rally was set up mainly due to the CX, XM and Xantia owners wanting another show earlier in the year (their show is in September each year) and the BX'ers not having a show of their own. Thus, the X Rally was born! ALL Citroen's are welcome and we'll even let you in if you're not in a Citroen (it happens!). I know there'll be a Vel Satis there, for example...

It's the first proper CCC Event of the year which will help numbers attending...