Shitefest 2012 - 14th July - PARTY TIME!

Betaboy2.0

I wonder if this count's for campervans? I've been very pissed while asleep in mine.

Technically you can get nicked if you go out on the lash with your car keys in your pocket even if your cars 100's of miles away as your still in charged of the vehicle, I'm sure nearly all of us have our house key on our car keys have been out on the beer with them in our pockets.

I had the other key for the Austin Ms C was driving me home from the pub in on Saturday, is that illegal? :shock:

I wonder if this count's for campervans? I've been very pissed while asleep in mine.

Technically you can get nicked if you go out on the lash with your car keys in your pocket even if your cars 100's of miles away as your still in charged of the vehicle, I'm sure nearly all of us have our house key on our car keys have been out on the beer with them in our pockets.

I had the other key for the Austin Ms C was driving me home from the pub in on Saturday, is that illegal? :shock:

I could at this point make a suggestion about throwing all car keys in a bowl to keep them safe .... but didn't that have another sort of implication in the 70's?? :shock:

Really looking forward to this event - should be a fantastic selection of cars - and certainly lots of Lancias! Lots of photo opportunities too.

I'm sure that I can dig out a few bits for an Autoshite-jumble. I think I have a good pair of Princess gutter trims somewhere, and definately a set of Princess hubcaps, window winders and other assorted bits of BL tat, that I don't need any more.......

I could at this point make a suggestion about throwing all car keys in a bowl to keep them safe .... but didn't that have another sort of implication in the 70's?? :shock:

Really looking forward to this event - should be a fantastic selection of cars - and certainly lots of Lancias! Lots of photo opportunities too.

I'm sure that I can dig out a few bits for an Autoshite-jumble. I think I have a good pair of Princess gutter trims somewhere, and definately a set of Princess hubcaps, window winders and other assorted bits of BL tat, that I don't need any more.......

All being well I'll be there, Not sure whether I'll be in the Cortina or Golf yet as it depends on the weather and how much money i have for fuel, I get 200 miles on £50, 370 round trip = Nearly £100 there and back! :shock:

I intend to drive from Glasgow to Shitefest in the Senator. If I'm doing it, you have no excuse... :lol:

All being well I'll be there, Not sure whether I'll be in the Cortina or Golf yet as it depends on the weather and how much money i have for fuel, I get 200 miles on £50, 370 round trip = Nearly £100 there and back! :shock:

I intend to drive from Glasgow to Shitefest in the Senator. If I'm doing it, you have no excuse... :lol:

I'll probably be going in the Rover of Doom - I get about 160 miles to £20 on the (probably slightly optimistic) trip in general use, should be a bit better on a long steady run, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get there and back on less than £50, depending on how many VAG TDI drivers I decide to wind up along the way.

I'll probably be going in the Rover of Doom - I get about 160 miles to £20 on the (probably slightly optimistic) trip in general use, should be a bit better on a long steady run, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get there and back on less than £50, depending on how many VAG TDI drivers I decide to wind up along the way.

If Trig slipstreams you, he could save a fortune! Can you fit one of those old deflectors that people used to fit when towing caravans for maximum effect? Obviously Trig might have to clean a lot of soot off the front of his motor by the time he arrives...

If Trig slipstreams you, he could save a fortune! Can you fit one of those old deflectors that people used to fit when towing caravans for maximum effect? Obviously Trig might have to clean a lot of soot off the front of his motor by the time he arrives...

I don't know, I've heard about Wuv's driving, The other drivers will be shitting themselves when they see a old Rover 200 pasting them at 100mph with a Mk3 Cortina up his arse!

I don't know, I've heard about Wuv's driving, The other drivers will be shitting themselves when they see a old Rover 200 pasting them at 100mph with a Mk3 Cortina up his arse!

I'm having lots of thoughts about "fun" activities for Shitefest.

Autotests are out as we can't churn up the field too much, or the goats will starve over the winter months.

So, how about a Shitequiz, with a magnificent trophy awarded to the winner?? I have just the thing in mind. A Mk1 Fiat Panda steering wheel, in chocolate brown, mounted on a suitably shite plinth.......

I'll get on with writing the questions then!!

All in favour, say "aye"

Andy

I'm having lots of thoughts about "fun" activities for Shitefest.

Autotests are out as we can't churn up the field too much, or the goats will starve over the winter months.

So, how about a Shitequiz, with a magnificent trophy awarded to the winner?? I have just the thing in mind. A Mk1 Fiat Panda steering wheel, in chocolate brown, mounted on a suitably shite plinth.......

I'll get on with writing the questions then!!

All in favour, say "aye"

Andy

Aye!

How about some competitions, with some shite rosettes.

Most offensive engine noise?

Most pieces of trim in the footwells?

Most sumptuous velour?

Most unfortunate odor?

Least likely, if left to its own devices, to drive in a straight line?

I'm sure there could be a catagory to suit everyone.

Aye!

Most sumptuous velour?

Most unfortunate odor?

Fancy swapping the Senator for a diesel BX? Your journey home will be a lot more economical (albeit a lot less refined!).

Fancy swapping the Senator for a diesel BX? Your journey home will be a lot more economical (albeit a lot less refined!).

Aye!

Most sumptuous velour?

Most unfortunate odor?

Cor, I could win quite a few of those if the BX Mk1 can make it! May have to be the Mk2 depending on how I get on with Mk1 fettling...

Aye!

Most sumptuous velour?

Most unfortunate odor?

Cor, I could win quite a few of those if the BX Mk1 can make it! May have to be the Mk2 depending on how I get on with Mk1 fettling...

Not sure about on private land but i know someone who lost there licence for sleeping in the back of there car with their car keys in their pocket still.

I had heard this but never actually knew of it definitely happening - it's obviously not a urban myth then.

Most definitely not. I know a chap who was banned for the same thing. He got a year ban, was tough for him as he was basically the entire body shop staff for his local Fiat dealership and getting from the paint shop to the main work shop involved a 100 yd drive on the road. Which he couldn't do without a licence. The beak banned him anyway.

If you are sleeping in your car but do not have access to the keys are you "in charge" of a vehicle? If not then the solution is for one person who is not drinking to take charge of all the keys.

I'm still planning to come with the 604 but whether it will be on my own or with wife or with one of the kids and whether it will be with or without shite caravan is still up in the air.

Is the venue suitable for caravans?

Is the event suitable for kids?

Yes - there should easily be space and easy access for a few caravans / tents, and yes, not unsuitable for kids to attend, so long as they are faily good at entertaining themselves. I'm sure there will be a few kids, and once they get together they usually become self-sufficient in the entertainment stakes!