Rougham Wings, Wheels and Steam Show Pictures

trigger

Just finished uploading them!

Went to the Wings, Wheels & Steam show today at Rougham airfield in Suffolk, Nice show with a good range of tat to keep me, the wife and her old dears happy for a few hours.

Of course as always there was the chavs in there 4 year old Peugeot 206 5-door's with big wheels thinking there cars are what every one wants to see, My father in law nearly saw one to closely when some young 17 year old tart in the show area shot backwards and nearly ran him over. :roll::twisted:

Any way here are a selection of the pictures, The rest are HERE

Bedford Packhorse 4x4 J-Type.

Posted Image

Here's a picture of the same truck i found on the web from 1989.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cleanest Triumph 1500 i think I've ever seen

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was for sale, It one of only 7 remaining Mk2 1600 GT Estates, Need restoring though, The owner wanted £1500 and i have the number if anyone is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One for Mr_B!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't think I've ever seen a Volvo badged one of these before, This was lovely, Only had 18000 on the clock which i bet was original and yes it was a Variomatic. 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

New fleet member for Hirst cabs?

Posted Image

This Cortina that i know SL has posted before has been built for some disabled chap, hence hand controls, It has a 4.9 V8 and full Mustang running gear, It's so far cost £28000 to built! :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This 70'stastic 2.0 Cortina is up for sale now, £2000 ono.

Posted Image

Got chatting to the old couple that own this, They brought it in 1962 for £30 and used it for many years driving around London to and from work, They only started restoring it in the last 5 years, It's a 1936 MB PB Supercharger for you that don't know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice granny spec Volvo 164 in the car park.

Posted Image

Shite enough for you?, 1994 XM 2.5TD with strange coloured alloys and twin pipes!

Posted Image

And finally this was a beautiful car park spot, It was spotless and only had 50k on the clock.

Posted Image

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3316/3669805294_1abce40a79_b.jpg

great photos!Ain't seen a Packhorse in a long time - the last one I recall seeing was in West Belfast c. 1991.IIRC the DAF/Ovlov was a badge engineering effort ofter the Ovlov takeover.You must have a pretty good camera.

You must have a pretty good camera.

I've been told that before, It's only a cheapish point and shot Panasonic FX-30 thing, Think it was £79.99 from Sainsburys a couple of years ago, I agree though, the photos are clear from it. :D

Thanks for sharing, Bedfraud Wagon is shurely ex GPO/Telecom.DAFs/Volvo 66s were ALL Variospastic werent they? Or did they do a three-pedal version? Mum's aunt had one up until she popped 'em in the late eighties and I did wonder what sort of transplant one could have performed on it... :)

You must have a pretty good camera.

I've been told that before, It's only a cheapish point and shot Panasonic FX-30 thing, Think it was £79.99 from Sainsburys a couple of years ago, I agree though, the photos are clear from it. :D
Point an shoot FTW!!11!!A mate of mine is a professional Photographer and spent the equivalent of half a dozen quality shiters on a Hasselblad 52.2 squillion megapixel boyo. I can't tell the difference, and I have 4 eyes!

Nice pic's. Would love to have gone but as thought house stuff took over.

Posted Image

Great pic of the old gentleman cornering at what looks like considerable speed. The lorry is rather nice too, more interesting than the current BOCM Pauls fleet.

The Triumph 1500 was at Henham. Looks as if they were with the EAPC massive, who seem to put on a good presence at the local shows.

The Triumph 1500 was at Henham. Looks as if they were with the EAPC massive, who seem to put on a good presence at the local shows.

That Truimph was quite a stunner, I've been looking at the EAPC website and even gone as far as printing of a membership form, But can't decide weather to join or not, As with most these clubs.