Citroen XM Estate SOLD! (Deposit Recieved)

beko1987

Time to get the XM Listed. This is version A. Version B will see it cleaned up, washed, hoovered and put on ebay or dbay

2.0 TCT Petrol Turbo Auto. 31.6mpg over the last 4 months.

IMG_20140122_140534.jpg

You all know it, previously MesserchmitOwner's of this parish.

119,600 Miles
MOT until June 2015
Tax until Monday...

Bad bits:
Needs a rear passenger tyre (got a month or so on it if you push it though)
Small hole in the back of the rear silencer. Mildly annoying rather than very blowing though
Engine bay has always had a fine film of oil over it, no idea where it comes from but it doesnt drink any
Needs a wash and hoover
Front passenger headlight washer jet cover is broken (the remains come with the car)
Headlight washers dont work (needs the y piece re-fitting which I have somewhere...)
Front windscreen jets block up occasionally and work 70% well at the moment
Needs new rear wiper blade
Both front strut return pipes are perished. Not causing any issues at the moment, wrapping in tape would probably buy a few years
Missing the cover underneath that covers the pipes and cables to the rear. Not had an issue in 15k, although do have to pull grass out if you drive over a field
Possibly needs the rear centre sphere changing. Springs fine but the damping leaves a bit to be desired sometimes. Fine when loaded
Few bulbs ot on the dash, not noticable though
Rear demist takes a while!
Central locking doesnt remotley, think a button is stuck down on the keyfob. Works fine from the drivers door lock with the key though.

Good bits:
363 days MOT
Strong as an ox, gr9 for shifting shit around
Fair bit of history, I've fettled with it a fair bit
New front pads (2 months old)
Recent oil and filter change
LHM was flushed when I bought it and is about 10k into new LHM
Spheres have been tested and are fine (apart from rear centre, didnt get that off)
Has had an old dealer Lexia run over it and everything electricals spit spot
OK cloth interior
Everything electrical works!
Few bulbs ot on the dash, not noticable though
Rear demist takes a while!

IMG_20140122_140556.jpg

IMG_20140122_144421.jpg

£450to drive it away needing a wash and vacuum! It's still insured, so I can drive you to the post office before we sign the v5 and you can put your card behind the bar and drive away taxed, test drives are welcome (although no tax...)

Goodbye old friend!

Another thing remembered! Slight wheel wobble at 65-70mph. Got much better when I moved the rear wheels onto the front so could just need a good track and balance, or you could just ignore it like I do and either plod at 60, blast over 70 or deal with it at 65-70!

And another biggie that I did forget about, the sunroof is sealed shut! Have the motor somewhere, unpick the tiger seal and it will work, but leak in heavy rain into the drivers footwell! I know most on here dont care about sunroofs though. Headlining is peeling in the drivers front corner due to this, I've just ignored that too (hasnt got any worse in 8 months)

Popped out earlier and took all of my belongings out (sniff), babywiped the very dusty dash and plastics down and vaguley ran our little battery dyson around as I CBA to pull it on to the road to hoover and was hit properly, got things to do to the ZX! My mate lent me his awesome camera so got a few updates smudges

P1020107.JPG

All speakerzzz are upgraded as the originals were perished. ZX has awesommezz speakers too so these can stay!

P1020108.JPG

P1020109.JPG

P1020110.JPG

P1020111.JPG

P1020112.JPG

Marks on the seat are from the car seat, they should come out soon enough. Middle retractable lap belt too 

P1020113.JPG

Bonus content! Window switch works, the bulb in the brown holder is from the ashtray (i had the tray out and used it as a cubby hole and at night it's fooking bright), the seal for the drivers side rear vents (good luck getting it on mwuahahaha), spare wheel bolt (I was missing one so got 2), the washer cover and a door lock switch which is also a PITA to fit. vTape to aux works but I got awful interferance from my phone unless in airplane mode so your issue now!

P1020114.JPG

Forgot I had to drive it for an extra week! Will knock 12p off the price for this error

P1020116.JPG

I left her in high so she can scare off the focus parked in my space Grrrr

P1020117.JPG

P1020118.JPG

Oh yea, this is the advised rear tyre

P1020119.JPG

Will get you till payday sort of thing.

I'll knock £3 off so you can have a shot if it helps?

Trouble is I am not a cheap date that was two pints of Pimms that got me over excited yesterday. Why would a man with a Mercedes 200TE, Volvo V70, and Range Rover in the household need another large estate car!!!!!!!! 

Trouble is I am not a cheap date that was two pints of Pimms that got me over excited yesterday. Why would a man with a Mercedes 200TE, Volvo V70, and Range Rover in the household need another large estate car!!!!!!!!

I'd say you were 4 short- one for each day. Plus you can't leave France out such an illustrious grouping..just the Spanish and the Italian left to get..

I was very disappointed the belt went on my ZX as it was changed less than 2 years ago when I had the head gasket done because of a bad oil leak. The car is in Wales and was being used by my farther in law so it was having an easy life and had just passed its MOT. He is arranging for a local mech to lift the head to see how much damage it has done, as it all happened at very low speed maybe just a few valves?.

I asked my friend who likes XMs and has owned two, his question was does it have a towbar and as the picture does not show one he was not interested. I also discussed the XM with my wife last night but got no support for buying it, on the grounds we are supposed to be reducing our collection. 

It's great for tip runs! You dont need a trailer, if you do happen to run out of room there's always the passenger footwell! Even when probably overloaded it's fine, although I didnt venture past 65 on that run just incase I needed to brake sharply etc (washing machine behind me, 4 boxes of books, tv, pc, random shit laying on top etc.

When we picked up our sofas one just squeezed into the back of the meriva, the other one went into the XM and rolled around as I drove home there was so much room!

Plus it self levels, so it will be sat on its arse with 1 black bin and 4 green recycling boxes of mud, and a demolished shed in the back and rise up and run perfectly level!

I'd bet you'd get shit loads in the back of it. Was this the one you had at Thornton Hough, Cameron?

I think I had the white hatch at TH - you do get bucketloads in the estate - also I would part with the almost brand new towbar and brand new electric set - as I have two other vehicles with towbars.

This XM is a great car! Highly recommended.