What do we think of....

Baz

Z1s are the original BMW Z car roadster - the rarest & most expensive too (barring the Z8 ) if you think, they're 17 or 18 years old now. Last one I saw was a G reg one in Brighton a couple of years ago. PC rates a top condition one as £16k of car.Mind you a top condition M1 will set you back £45k, by far the most expensive 'classic' Beemer. Even a poor condition one is £25k from memory. :shock:

• 1 month later...

Theres a 1980 2-door Beemer 320 on the autotrader website now for less that the cost of metallic paint on that horrendous junior exec w**k fantasy!

"74k Miles, 11 months MOT, 5 months Tax, old MOTs available, low miles, very clean interior, unfinished project, original tool kit, reluctant sale. £500. ono."

It looks pretty nice - I wonder how "unfinished" a project it is with almost a full ticket?

Theres a 1980 2-door Beemer 320 on the autotrader website now for less that the cost of metallic paint on that horrendous junior exec w**k fantasy!

"74k Miles, 11 months MOT, 5 months Tax, old MOTs available, low miles, very clean interior, unfinished project, original tool kit, reluctant sale. £500. ono."

It looks pretty nice - I wonder how "unfinished" a project it is with almost a full ticket?

As long as it's not horrendously rotten, has a manual 'box, and the seats aren't worn (he does say "very clean interior") then that, my friend, is a bally bargain.

That 1 series coupe is badly proportioned, the designers have tried to put too much into into it - that centre sill crease that the 1 series has looks like a bad accident repair. Horrid. And it doesn't have the wheelbase and overhang to look like a graceful coupe - the current 3-series coupes are at least reasonably graceful looking motors, despite being driven by some pretty insipid owners. I'd take a E30 with a 6 pot any day.

As long as it's not horrendously rotten, has a manual 'box, and the seats aren't worn (he does say "very clean interior") then that, my friend, is a bally bargain.
Good I suppose... but a 320i is always close to the bottom of the pile.

You don't get the performance of the 2.5, but you don't get the frugality of the 4-potters either. Still, they do sound nice. Hunt and you can find good ones for less than that though.

My brother's current one (318i) cost just £215, OK so it has some miles on it but it came minty fresh, and he's not had to do a thing to it in nearly 2 years of daily motoring. Value.

Good I suppose... but a 320i is always close to the bottom of the pile.

You don't get the performance of the 2.5, but you don't get the frugality of the 4-potters either. Still, they do sound nice. Hunt and you can find good ones for less than that though.

My brother's current one (318i) cost just £215, OK so it has some miles on it but it came minty fresh, and he's not had to do a thing to it in nearly 2 years of daily motoring. Value.

Have a look at the silver A-plate 528i slushmatic on the trader now - smidge under £700 and not bad mileage for a big bruiser - if it was £495 instead I'd be sorely tempted!