XTREEM spottage

chaseracer

Definitely some form of BMC Farina or Pre-Farina. The engine looks too big to be an A Series, but it might just be the angle.

If you can get some more pics the rocker cover still has its badges which should reveal the make, also if it's a B Series the engine number is in the middle of the block, if it's A Series it is located at the front of the block. The CC can be deciphered by checking the engine number, an 1800 B series is prefixed 18, 1622 is prefixed 16, and a 1489 is prefixed 15. A Series are prefixed 8 (803) 9 (948) and 10 (1098). An example would be 16AA - UH - 14567. AA denotes Austin, MA denotes Morris, WA? denotes Wolseley and so on. "UH" denotes a central, floor gearchange. The CC can also be checked by using the number cast into the block or on a little badge towards the front of the engine under the exhaust manifold, 1500 denotes the 1489cc engine for example. Good luck!

I once found the remains of a B series engined Farina in some woods, I eventually identified it as a 1622cc engined A60 :)

If you can get some more pics...

Doubtful. I stole that one shamelessly from Fotorabia... :wink:

I was going by the shape of what's left of the door, but you're right - that engine does look like a B.

I spent ages last night trying to work out what this was. I could tell it was a B Series, and with the angle of the thermostat from something like a Cambridge or Somserset or whatever, but I am not sure - the door threw me. Is the door from the same vehicle?

I knew it wasn't an A60 as the wiring is in the wrong place on the bulkhead, and the bulkhead itself doesn't appear to ahve a flat shelf like the A60 one. Should have guessed A50etc as the front shock/crossmember is clearly not Minor.

I'm pretty sure the door belongs to it too. SO its a late-ish one with this kind of side trim

modelpicture.php?id=3703

Close, no tailgate though.

I thought the panel in the backround looked like a tailgate, its probably more likely a bit of roofskin, in which case i would say it could be an orion

Correct :)

It's an Orion 1600i. Even in real life the only way I could tell it wasn't a hatch was the boot hinges.

It's in the grounds of St Peter's Seminary in Cardross.

It wasn't there in 1993!!!