The Wolseley Six

keef

• 1 month later...

A "new" one on the bay ATM. :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIQUE-1974-W ... 0741307069

He's "selling it for a mate". How many listings are like this? You'd think it was against their policies, but I can't find anything, apart from the location must be clear. :(

So only contact is a mobile phone number. Wonder how much the seller charges for this service? ;)

He's "selling it for a mate". How many listings are like this? You'd think it was against their policies, but I can't find anything, apart from the location must be clear. :( So only contact is a mobile phone number. Wonder how much the seller charges for this service? ;)

I sell cars occasionally on Ebay for a mate Keef as not everyone has or can use computers - possibly the same with this advert. I only charge him the Ebay fees but know if I am ever stuck for anything (eg the use of a car or van) he will help out f.o.c.

I sell cars occasionally on Ebay for a mate Keef as not everyone has or can use computers - possibly the same with this advert. I only charge him the Ebay fees but know if I am ever stuck for anything (eg the use of a car or van) he will help out f.o.c.

Nothing wrong in helping a mate out; but the whole idea of Ebay is selling *on-line*; you can't expect buyers to deal by phone when Ebay provides the means to communicate on-line.. I'm sure you don't "cop-out" if a perspective buyer asks a question. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone able to read the registration number on the Six in The Bill please? :-

Looks like it could be PPJ 767L but DVLA website was down, so unable to check. :(

Edit: DVLA site back up again and quite a few changes! :-

Vehicle enquiry

The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for PPJ 767L are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2000

Date of First Registration 22 03 1973

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2227cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

So looks like it survived up to Nov 2000

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my mate the other day and he told me that as he's now 36 and been driving minis all his life, he had a thought that it was about time he bought a sensible car.

Well he's gone and bought a Wolseley Six. It's currently in his workshop. I haven't seen it yet.

All I know is he got it from Notts and it has a Berkshire (RX) number. I'll let you know more when I see it Keef. :D

All I know is he got it from Notts and it has a Berkshire (RX) number. I'll let you know more when I see it Keef. :D

Cheers.

I don't currently have any RX registrations on my list and don't recall seeing anything for sale from Notts, so should be a new one on me. :)

Still not seen it yet. But I've been out for a few pints tonight with him.

Apparently, it's red with a faded red interior and the fantastic NOstyle wheels 8). Needs a bit of sill work. It's also 'lop-sided' - he's got a hydrospastic pump, but he reckons it's a knackered sphere.

He went to Newark autojumble with a lad who works for him and the lad was interested in an Allagro a stall-holder had advertised. They went with him to Southwell to look at the Aggro but it was shite. While looking at the Aggro my mate clocked the Wolseley Sex in the yard and thought - I'm having that..... :D

Apparently, it's red with a faded red interior and the fantastic NOstyle wheels 8).

Sounds like :-

2506570808_2e1aa4c8be_t.jpg

BOUGHT ON E-BAY FOR NEXT TO NOTHING A WOLSELEY SIX 1974 by paultester70, on Flickr

or could be the one I missed out on in Milton Keynes - http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C130821

he reckons it's a knackered sphere.

Front are unique to Crab, but rear are same as ADO16 front. ;)

Here you go Keef!

I saw it this morning. It's a lovely old bus that's original and hasn't been messed with. Shouldn't take much recommissioning. Original number plates and tax disc holder too. Tax ran out in 1991.

I took a couple of phone pics. I'll get some better camera pics for you when it comes out to be worked on.

As you can see, left hand rear is down on the floor.

Photo507.jpg

Photo506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone able to read the plate on the blue Six in the following picture please? :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/landcrabma ... 50160@N20/

LOS673k? COS673K?

Registration JDS673K

Make WOLSELEY

Model SIX

Date of Liability 23 05 1999

Date of First Registration 11 05 1972

Year of Manufacture 1972

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2227cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N