Jump to content

Lord help me, I'm getting on a bus!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I did like how you gave me the key and asked for a demonstration of how these modern cars start...

You put the key in this hole, turn it, car goes.

  • Haha 7
Posted

I laugh, but I bought a spaceship civic a few years back, seller left the key behind the tyre for me. Opened the door, got in, belt on, key in and... Blanked for about a minute before I saw the button.

Posted
1 hour ago, scaryoldcortina said:

I did like how you gave me the key and asked for a demonstration of how these modern cars start...

You put the key in this hole, turn it, car goes.

I thought it was going to be more complicated than it was! 😅 It's just like a plastic key without a metal blade. Fob doesn't seem to work to lock or unlock the doors tho so will need to see about replacing the battery in it.

It is genuinely the most modern car I've had. The newest before it was the 2008 Avensis. Everything else on the fleet is 2005 or older.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, scaryoldcortina said:

I did like how you gave me the key and asked for a demonstration of how these modern cars start...

You put the key in this hole, turn it, car goes.

how does the fuel filler open , seems to be locked, flat blade screwdriver ??

Posted

I genuinely don't know. I had the car a week and never put fuel in!

  • Like 1
Posted

also kev next door likes it, described it as a honest solid motor 

Posted
1 hour ago, big_al_granvia said:

how does the fuel filler open , seems to be locked, flat blade screwdriver ??

Did you press the button on the inside? Failing that try pushing the fuel filler flap in towards the car, in case it's like the Focus. There might be an emergency release in the boot, behind the sound deadening on the same side as the fuel filter.

Posted

There's a button below the light switch, hidden between the foglamp switches.

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Posted

I think you've done really well there, give it more servicing than it has any right to expect when the oil and filters are 1/3rd of the car and it'll probably deliver 10x it's cost in useful life!

  • Agree 2
Posted
On 14/08/2026 at 13:04, Flat4 said:

buses have certainly modernised since I was last on them.

I know! They now have doors, so you can no longer get on and off at traffic lights. And they call this progress.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...