Jump to content

200,000 miles


Recommended Posts

Posted

Back in late 2019, I gave my daughter my 2010 Mazda 5 Sport.  I bought it in 2015 to replace a 2003 Volkswagen Passat estate, a car that made meth addicts with a gambling addition seem reliable and trustworthy in comparison.  The Mazda had just over 71,000 miles when I bought it.  By the time I handed it over to my daughter, it had already clocked around 157,000 miles.

Today, the faithful old Mazda achieved a milestone.  200,000 miles.  My daughter was so exited, she texted me this photo...

YFn7Jgsl.jpg

 

Good on her for following in my footsteps and rejecting planned obsolescence and the never-ending spiral of consumerism that drives so many people to saddle themselves with crushing debt.

As I've said for years, new cars are for chumps!

 

 

 

Posted

I'm excluded from this post. In Yorkshire, on Yorkshire day!

Screenshot_20260801-105720.png.989f51f814f00cc794d487c017da830d.png

Posted

State of play in the UK right now, you do need a VPN to browse normal sites.  Here's the photo

YFn7Jgsl.jpg

Posted

Mazda build a fine motorcar. They still seem to have a rust / undercarriage issue compared with other manufacturers but they seem very reliable in my second-hand experience. 

The recent Mazda 6 is a beautiful car that nobody buys because it’s not an SUV, and the CX5 is stunning and nobody buys that either because it’s not a fucking JaecooLOL. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Madman Of The People said:

2003 Volkswagen Passat estate, a car that made meth addicts with a gambling addition seem reliable and trustworthy in comparison. 

Mine's 5 years older and not an estate, but it seems to be doing OK on all it's original running gear 

17855848616781629931591994109062.jpg

  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...