Caleb’s 1996 Toyota Lucida Pleasure Wagon Thread. Banging stereo for me tunes

calebaaront

8 hours ago, ProgRocker said:

My work colleague lived in Scunthorpe. Her late mother owned a fabrics/textiles/curtains shop and worked with her. She's quite prim and proper and I think Christian so I have avoided making reference to the swear word in the name. She refers to it as "Sunny Scunny". 

If Typhoo puts T in Britain who put the Cu-IT'S ME!

I live in Grimsby, similar level of shit hole to Scunny. Our football team is slightly less wank though.

Just got home now, took some photos whilst having some dinner. It drove like an absolute dream. £40 to get back from Scunthorpe (220 miles in total) which I don’t think is bad going for a 2.2. Thank you @Rocket88 for giving me the opportunity in buying this barge. I love it already 

IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2732.jpeg

I've just noticed those are Pioneer Carrozzeria head units.
If you're intending to replace them and they work, I'd be interested...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, calebaaront said:

Just got home now, took some photos whilst having some dinner. It drove like an absolute dream. £40 to get back from Scunthorpe (220 miles in total) which I don’t think is bad going for a 2.2. Thank you @Rocket88 for giving me the opportunity in buying this barge. I love it already 

IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2732.jpeg

I never doubted its mechanical abilities for a minute. One thing to be aware of, the sliding side door is sometimes a bit reluctant to open. Secret is to sneak up on it, and open gently. You’ll get the hang of it.

11 hours ago, iainrcz said:

I live in Grimsby, similar level of shit hole to Scunny. Our football team is slightly less wank though.

Grimsby v Scunthorpe…. Pot/kettle/black….😁😁😁😁

• calebaaront changed the title to Caleb’s 1996 Toyota Lucida Pleasure Wagon Thread

First day in service today! What the odds of seeing a Mitsubishi SpaceStar at my local supermarket? 

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

12 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I've just noticed those are Pioneer Carrozzeria head units.
If you're intending to replace them and they work, I'd be interested...

Defo! I’m after something with an aux or Bluetooth input as the Mrs likes to listen to her tunes 

54 minutes ago, calebaaront said:

Defo! I’m after something with an aux or Bluetooth input as the Mrs likes to listen to her tunes 

Depends what you're after but I might be able to help with that. Have a couple of cheap eBay double dins sitting around that need homes if you're not too picky.

• Like 1

Great wagons when they work - but can suffer badly from overheating (OMGHGF) and difficulty to bleed air from the cooling system if any components have been touched. 

I had one briefly and never got it working correctly before moving it on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Depends what you're after but I might be able to help with that. Have a couple of cheap eBay double dins sitting around that need homes if you're not too picky.

Not picky as long as it works! 

1 hour ago, Verysleepyboy said:

Great wagons when they work - but can suffer badly from overheating (OMGHGF) and difficulty to bleed air from the cooling system if any components have been touched. 

This one’s never shown the vaguest hint of OMGHGF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verysleepyboy said:

The temp gauge sat at a healthy half way all the way home from Scunthorpe. It had a coolant flush and refill last year irrc. 

• Like 2

IMG20230726153706.jpg.a29232c9689141fd8849367b58f7d106.jpg

I've had an Estima and now got its big Granvia brother and it has again proven to be an excellent vehicle.

Keep an eye on the fluid levels and they'll go on forever.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, calebaaront said:

Not picky as long as it works! 

They're brand new so I'll  test em and see, if alls good I'll send you a PM!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, calebaaront said:

The temp gauge sat at a healthy half way all the way home from Scunthorpe. It had a coolant flush and refill last year irrc. 

Obviously done correctly!!! 

As I say - fabulous wagons when they work properly - I had plans to turn mine into a bit of a stealth camper before I realised that it was actually fubared!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

This one’s never shown the vaguest hint of OMGHGF

I think what happens is people either don't bleed them correctly when doing a flush or it develops a leak which will can lead to airlocks which in turn can quickly escalate to OMGHGF and trashes the head.  All of which isn't helped by the awkwardness in accessing some key components.

That's the experience I had anyway - even so, I'd still have another one.....

• Like 1

First improvment of the Lucida completed. New head unit. Much better now I have Bluetooth and a higher choice of stations! 

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

• calebaaront changed the title to Caleb’s 1996 Toyota Lucida Pleasure Wagon Thread. Banging stereo for me tunes