Hi, I'm DD and I'm a Caraholic.

DirtyDaily

4 hours ago, grogee said:

I really shouldn't ask but what is mirrored NCB? 

Vanity cover 🤣

• Haha 1

My buying trend ranges from mulling over a idea (and never pulling the trigger) to sudden bouts of impulse. 

Current obsession is to replace the Z3 with a V8 barge.  But I'm in a mulling phase.

Doesn't stop me constantly looking though. That never changes. The amount of time I waste looking on Gumtree/FB and eBay at cars I'll never buy is ridiculous.

• Agree 3

17 hours ago, NorthernMonkey said:

It’s not really an issue until you hit 30, is it??

Let me think that far back....
No - early onset CA is a thing. Enough exposure to mechanical doohickies in your teens will allow the symptoms to develop, often before the patient may even be old enough to legally drive on the highway.
A friend* told me that. So it must be true.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I relapsed...
I've made an excuse in my head that made sense at the time but now I think about it again I think my addiction got the better of me. In essence I needed to transport 7 people for my other halves birthday. I therefore bought a "cheap" 7 seater. I guess it makes sense but I've ended up with another mildly broken car. My other Jag is nearly ready for selling but I need to get back on track. I also need to ask you guys for advice but I'll keep that off the CA thread as that seems counter productive to the wider cause.

I have handed in my sobriety badges. Today I am no days sober from buying cars. Tomorrow is a new day.

• Like 3

On 05/05/2024 at 23:39, SiC said:

My current plan is to sell the BGT, GTI and possibly the Z4. Then buy one sensible singular modern (Z4 coupé or maybe a powerful auto hatch/saloon). That brings me back to 5 cars. Those two projects I need to crack on and get done. Ideally sell one to get back to 2 classics and 4 cars total.

Since this post 22 days ago:

- Sold the BGT

- Sold the GTI

- Bought the 330i

So while I didn't go down two cars, at least I'm down one. For now.

While I bought a car, I guess it's an improvement? Let's not talk about the loss on the GTI and expenditure on the 330i.

Basically like saying I'm only downing half a bottle of wine a day rather than a whole bottle. 

My liver (wallet) is still feeling the pain. I'm really hoping/expecting the 330i to be a long term keeper and so this expenditure on it will be justified by not selling it for a few years. 

• Like 2