How to Sell a Car

sierraman

Shame there's not more Deals on Wheels available online,

There were some crackers. 
The mad bloke and the 2CV, the Peugeot scooter, the Nova, the Celica with the lizard (think that one is uploaded), the oddbod with the Vanden Plas Allegro/the kid with the Clubman estate...

Folk letting cars go on the strength of a cheque. Like the struggling musician who sold his car to decorate the living room, IIRC.

Basically I’ve learnt from that to just ignore any questions then the buyer might ask about the car that will result in a negative answer. 

‘So its got no service history’

’Its just had a 15 point check at Kwik Fit’

’But what about the service book?’

’Recent work includes spraying the wheels and painting the wipers’

8 hours ago, Out Run said:

Shame there's not more Deals on Wheels available online,

There were some crackers. 
The mad bloke and the 2CV, the Peugeot scooter, the Nova, the Celica with the lizard (think that one is uploaded), the oddbod with the Vanden Plas Allegro/the kid with the Clubman estate...

Folk letting cars go on the strength of a cheque. Like the struggling musician who sold his car to decorate the living room, IIRC.

I knew the bloke who bought that Allegro VDP , it was years later I found an old VHS with one episode which was the Allegro Video then as I was watching it realised it was Gary from the Capri club who came to buy it

55 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

I knew the bloke who bought that Allegro VDP , it was years later I found an old VHS with one episode which was the Allegro Video then as I was watching it realised it was Gary from the Capri club who came to buy it

Amazing. IIRC the Allegro seller wasn't including the tax disc and that scuppered the sale, first time around.

The Allegro bloke was weird as! Along with his sister,  lived with his OAP mother.

16 minutes ago, Out Run said:

Amazing. IIRC the Allegro seller wasn't including the tax disc and that scuppered the sale, first time around.

The Allegro bloke was weird as! Along with his sister,  lived with his OAP mother.

I thought it was the radio that almost scuppered the deal, but the guy I knew did end up buying it.  May have been the tax disc though.. Getting on for 20 years ago now since I last saw him

11 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Didn't Mr Bickle appear on an episode?

Involved a green moggy I think.

"Ah wunt giya a monkey for it!"

"A bagga sand"

No wonder Brewer has carved out a tv career.

Was he the seller or the buyer? I remember the seller of a woody Moggy. Had it up on ramps to give it a tickle before the buyer came, IIRC.