toyota calica 2000st - work started

aled

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

was looking at the stereo the part at the bottom is a tape player and radio, but i have no idea about the top part, i think this part is normolly blanked off with a black finisher panel.

anyone with any ideas?

no joy with the keys will have to strip the ign barrel off on sunday when i pick it up then hopefully there will be a number stamped inside that i can then give to toyota to get me keys. :wink:

Wow, I remember these from the 1980s. 8) Monster stereo, too!IIRC, they did have steel wheels but with black centre hubcaps. :)

with a bit of luck the caps will be in the boot.

I love 80s Japanese stuff like this. They have that faintly sci-fi aspect to them and look as if they've been designed with nothing more than a set square. Top find. :D

well i finally got it home on sunday. got out the auto smart g2 cutting compound to do the bonnet and a part of the roof and i think you can see the real colour.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

had to take the steering lock off, took about 15 mins without any damage to the lock body.

Posted Image

these are the original alloys, found 2 in the boot, anyone know for any more?

Posted Image

the car has been standing for about 4 years, i put on a new battery spun the engine over to get the oil light to go out, put a gallon of petrol in the tank and a capfoll down the carb - turned it over and it started :lol:

then drove it on to the transporter, everything works except the alternator but i think a cleanup of the com and brushes should do the trick.

we do have some corosion issues tho and the front and rear screens are going to have to be removed :cry:

so there she is, more photos when i have finished cutting and polishing and i will put the 2 alloys i have on 1 side so i can see it the way it is supposed to look :shock:

cheers -aled

Posted Image

was looking at the stereo the part at the bottom is a tape player and radio, but i have no idea about the top part, i think this part is normolly blanked off with a black finisher panel.

anyone with any ideas?

just had a look at this it is an aftermarket graphic equalizer that somone has fitted in the past, not sure that it is wired proper tho. :?

Hey, this car has been manufactured by fastening together many diverse components, each of which started life as a million-year-old, rich underground seam of of the purest available WIN.

so the work has started- here are some photos. :shock:

got out the grinder and removed some old plates that had been put on some years ago that had corroded again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i can feel a weldathon coming on tomorrow :?

i put the 2 alloys that i found in the boot on to one side of the car and i personally think that the car looks much better with the correct wheels.

Posted Image

Bit of a weldathon there Aled , still i know your more than capable , Only a days work for you surely :lol:

we will see, would have got further today but people with moderns that had car problems knocking my garage door slowed me down somewot. :? i personally don't think it's that bad, done much worse like keith evans's husky and my husky won't be far off.

That rust fills me with fear!, Good luck!

Me too. That looks like the sort of thing that would really put me in a very dark mood for days to come.

That rust fills me with fear!, Good luck!

Me too. That looks like the sort of thing that would really put me in a very dark mood for days to come.
this was a husky i did for a chap from cheltenham, this car had been on the road for about a year now both sides were really bad. :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When can i drop off my BMW for new arches and wings then?! :lol: At least your capable of fixing it yourself, More than be said for many people, They would by it, See the rust, left it in the drive for a year whilst they think about buying for it to be done then end up scrapping it as wife told them too.

When can i drop off my BMW for new arches and wings then?! :lol: At least your capable of fixing it yourself, More than be said for many people, They would by it, See the rust, left it in the drive for a year whilst they think about buying for it to be done then end up scrapping it as wife told them too.

i quite agree, glad the wife does not go to the farm where i have 9 or so imps stored :D, there was an old bristol 504 in a driveway of a house in port talbot for about 20+ years and a few people wanted to buy it , the guy said that he would restore it "one day" nedless to say the "one day" never arrived, the car has now disappeared and more than likely scrapped. - twat. :evil:

Nothing to a man of your calibre Al,not sure on the tyre thing you asked though we only used michelins when I was rallying,will the Toyota be at Imp National?