Atwell calne nerd fest

hairnet

• hairnet changed the title to Atwell calne nerd fest

This and the yanks started it all

Family owned by the atwells since new in 51

They were gonna take it to the nec next week but they're taking a 20s singer instead

IMG_20221104_124931970_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Oof indeed. Thanks for posting. I've just fallen in love with everything there. Where is this please? Googling Atwell Calne brings nothing. I MUST put it on my must go to list. It puts me in mind of the Moretonhampstead museum in Devon which is also a must see if you're down that way.

21 minutes ago, skoda_fan said:

Oof indeed. Thanks for posting. I've just fallen in love with everything there. Where is this please? Googling Atwell Calne brings nothing. I MUST put it on my must go to list. It puts me in mind of the Moretonhampstead museum in Devon which is also a must see if you're down that way.

Atwell Wilson

https://atwellwilson.org.uk/index.html

I've been to both and it's much better than Moretonhampstead museum. 

This when I went (and took photos):

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anonymous user said:

Looks great, have never been there could probably do this one and the Cotswolds (Burton on the Water) one on the same day.

Apart from seeing Brum, I find the Bourton on the Water one overpriced and a bit lacking. But then if you've never been before it's probably worth going...

bourton rang a bell

been to that - the car bush outside the entrance..................

was  gonna go the one near windsor but they open one day this month (not tomoorow)

16 hours ago, SiC said:

Atwell Wilson

https://atwellwilson.org.uk/index.html

I've been to both and it's much better than Moretonhampstead museum. 

This when I went (and took photos):

Ah brilliant, thanks. Don't know how I've managed to miss this. Looks fab. I want to live in that bungalow! I'm heading in that direction next year so will put a day aside for it. My only slight worry is (as implied in the thread) like the Moretonhampstead one it has the look of a place that might close its doors for good at any minute and its collection be auctioned off. Hope I'm wrong but I'm glad that thanks to good old AS I got to see the Hammond microcar collection before its recent closure.

36 minutes ago, skoda_fan said:

Ah brilliant, thanks. Don't know how I've managed to miss this. Looks fab. I want to live in that bungalow! I'm heading in that direction next year so will put a day aside for it. My only slight worry is (as implied in the thread) like the Moretonhampstead one it has the look of a place that might close its doors for good at any minute and its collection be auctioned off. Hope I'm wrong but I'm glad that thanks to good old AS I got to see the Hammond microcar collection before its recent closure.

Moretonhampstead is basically a man who owns a shed and let's people look around it for a fee. So always a risk it could disappear.

Atwell Wilson is an established trust, so in theory should have better longevity. Of course it depends on the turnover of visitors to fund itself. However it is quite popular with clubs and whatnot (especially the Mini club), so should be okay for a while.