Forthcoming 60's Isuzu's

nigel bickle

Cooo! Bit quiet on here at the moment -and I've nadgered my back so thought- whilst I can sit up for a bit -that I'd spread some news!!

I've now got 2 60's Isuzu's!

With Michiels help -I've just agreed terms on a Florian, near Amsterdam.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/florian/Haag2web.jpg

Off the road for a couple of years -with sticky brakes (read seized) and very faded (Michiels pics) compared with this photo -I'm off to get it late Feb -and A frame it home.

Around the same time -21st Feb , the Bellett I bought last autumn is finally ready to come home.

Vendor has overhauled the engine and got it running nicely, replaced the wheel cylinders so it stops, replaced part of the exhaust to quieten it,and added a new(er) battery so it'll start!.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/bellett/d5a9_1.jpg

Stuffed full of spares including 2 Florian wings its on a Sydney boat out on 21st Feb -here around early May! Marvellous!

I've got 2 Fiats sitting in Melbourne -there just arent ANY spaces on ro-ro's! Bearing on mind they move over 2,000 cars each fortnight -I find it amazing. Still -down to 4th in the queue so it shouldnt be long now.

Lots more going on -which I'll discuss when I can spent more than 10 mins sitting up.

Age -its a bastard, isnt it!

The official first date of registration for the Florian is 18-01-1972 by the way. Did I point you to this bloke's site already? He helped me a bit in finding the owner, and if you need help or spares you can always send him an email, he's happy to help fellow Isuzians. He knows his Belletts and Florians, and when he finishes his Bellett Sport he might sell the Florian, hopefully I'll be in a position to buy that one whenever it may be... http://home.hetnet.nl/~dcc/florian.htm

That’s excellent news! The Dutch Isuzu is the one that Michiel had in a spotted thread? Well done both of you, a testament to the power of this place. Hope to see it for real one day.Great to hear about the one on its way from Australia too.I’ve a feeling there has been the odd old Isuzu in this country in the past. Think someone may have attempted to import them in the late 60’s, possibly connected to this there were one or two used in saloon car racing. One of these came up for sale in relatively recent times.Think I’ve got snippets about all of the above at home.

Being a sceptical old Hector; I expect it'll need the usual pile of problems sorting...But it'll be Springtime then, warm sunny DRY long days. Feels like a lifetime ago!Thanks Michiel -will look at the site. All seems to be prov sorted for weekend of 15-17 Feb. Wife involved -as its her birthday and I've always promised Amsterdam....... tee-hee.

As far as know there are 3 Florians in Holland, soon to be 2 :cry: / :D (mixed emotions and all that)

Isuzu was actually the first Japanese brand to be sold here, I've got a Dutch magazine from 1963 which has a test of the Bellel. They sold a few to taxi firms, who liked the diesel engines apparently. Next goal: find a Bellel!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^^ WTF has happened there! Surely thats not come like that out of the same factory as the Bickle-shape one. Awful!!!I had never even heard of a Florian till this red one got posted up on here. What other old isuzus are existing then? I only knew of the Bellet and the Piazza.

• 2 weeks later...

And for my next trick... I posted this pic on a Dutch forum, thinking there's no Contessa left here. No way. Can't be.

Posted Image

Boom! Got a reaction from a guy who owns 2 (TWO!!!!) Contessas, one an original Dutch car and one Belgian. They have to be restored but are complete, and I don't think he'll ever sell them. He's a bit of a Michelotti fan, has a Fiat 130 coupe and a Dolomite as well.

I are trying to get him to come to JCS, so maybe he'll get one running by then... some pics here:

http://www.hinosamurai.org/Contents/projects/future_project_netherland/future_pj_netherlands.html