Mally's Stock Cars, Bikes,Life, and Yaris happenings.

Mally

15 hours ago, big_al_granvia said:

Boy did well,3rd in whites and yellows. Well done

Yes, cancelled Saturday meeting, ran Sunday afternoon instead.

As said 3rd in w/y. Won trophy and a tyre. bust the rad, so gave the owner the tyre and he produced a new rad.

Came around half way in another race and 2 non finishes. was going hard for 3rd place in last event and spun.

Says they are hard work, steering very heavy. Was trying to pass the guy who owned it when he spun.

• 5 months later...

Been quiet for a good while, built a spare Yaris over winter.  Raced a couple of Autograss meetings for Amelia recently.  Ste's wife, Hannah has won a race or two.

Reason for this posting is I've just been told the Stephen will race an F2 at Kings Lynn on Saturday 6th April.

We were going watching, it's a big F1/F2 meeting. But a hire car was on offer,  so £550  and on you go. ( plus licence and whatever, he's not booked in yet).

Last time he raced an F2 was well over 2 years go. It's good to watch him, but I thought the worrying was over for me.

Next day,  Amelia races a Yaris at Nottingham Autograss, on the way back, which is much more sedate.

1 hour ago, big_al_granvia said:

What colour top will be be as iirc he was s/s when he retired so red or blue??

Retired as red, I think s/s was year before?        Guaranteed red due to being European champion. Not sure how his points were at that time.

Had to get a new licence, not sure if he's got a temp, or season one, same number 788. 

Asked if he could start blue. and Bunter laughed and said no. So red it is then.

Can be better from the back, especially in a strange car. Never driven a TMR before, always Randell/TLF.

I'm a little worried he may do well. It's a qualifying round for the Word of Shale, and may not end here if he has points in the bag.

On 03/04/2024 at 11:36, primeradoner said:

Lundy was 68 when he won the final at Sheffield in June 2022 so he is either 70  or very nearly 70. 

Sir John.

I was 67 at my last go. I'm not getting in a stock car again.

Auto grass?  never say never, but my knee is a bit dicey these days, and I enjoy being able to walk.

• 3 weeks later...

New * Yaris just back from having signs. Had a lot of scratches but they are all hidden now.

It's a spare car just in case.

IMG_1121.jpg.c1295fe720070d0e13749d95f70c21ab.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg.82033d17cfb81d590dedb5247bcf1514.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg.000375296a2ff20995212225e29ab3e6.jpg

Nothing much to report, recent weekends racing have been cancelled, next weekend is cancelled all because of rain.

Work on Luton van is progressing slowly. Photos of that after my hols, when I'm hoping for Sun.

7 minutes ago, Mally said:

New * Yaris just back from having signs. Had a lot of scratches but they are all hidden now.

It's a spare car just in case.

IMG_1121.jpg.c1295fe720070d0e13749d95f70c21ab.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg.82033d17cfb81d590dedb5247bcf1514.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg.000375296a2ff20995212225e29ab3e6.jpg

Nothing much to report, recent weekends racing have been cancelled, next weekend is cancelled all because of rain.

Work on Luton van is progressing slowly. Photos of that after my hols, when I'm hoping for Sun.

Still can't get head around you and ste turning out such beautifully presented cars then crashing them! Good job we're all differant 😁

9 minutes ago, Matty said:

Still can't get head around you and ste turning out such beautifully presented cars then crashing them! Good job we're all differant 😁

These tend to last. 

The Stock car  signs cost twice the price and could last one race if you rolled it.

About 3K there all in.  13K for a low spec F2

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Any signs for the Crafter? Or is that a bad idea on the basis of advertising what might be in it if you break in (tools and stuff)?

Might get a Couple of stripes, motor home style. Has a few scratches high up. Wouldn't bother me, but it's not mine.

Won't be race van stickered, although it is insured as a race van.

35 minutes ago, Mally said:

Might get a Couple of stripes, motor home style. Has a few scratches high up. Wouldn't bother me, but it's not mine.

Won't be race van stickered, although it is insured as a race van.

Driven it yet? I liked mine tbf. Drove nice. Shit gear change mind.

13 hours ago, Matty said:

Driven it yet? I liked mine tbf. Drove nice. Shit gear change mind.

He did mention the gears.

I'm on the insurance  but I can't see me getting behind the wheel except in an emergency.

My old fella started trying to squeeze through gaps that weren't there aged 72 and I'm a little* older.

4 hours ago, Mally said:

He did mention the gears.

I'm on the insurance  but I can't see me getting behind the wheel except in an emergency.

My old fella started trying to squeeze through gaps that weren't there aged 72 and I'm a little* older.

New control cables and or adjustment can help but to be honest they are shit and notchy as standard. Most dash mounted shifts are. Vans have never been as nice since everyone bombed off floor change.