Jump to content

Volvo 740, MOT - in the bag.


Recommended Posts

Posted
45 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

But now you'll get the coveted "underside of car heavily undersealed". 😂

Your probably right actually!😆

Posted

Changed the power steering fluid in this today. I’d checked it a while back and although full the fluid looked pretty manky. 
I was going to drain it out under the car from one of the hose fittings on the rack but decided it was easier and cleaner doing it all from above. 
I drained the reservoir tank with a big old syringe which confirmed it was indeed pretty dirty old fluid. After that I removed the low pressure return hose from the reservoir and shoved a bung in the hole. The return hose was then put into an old plastic bottle and the reservoir tank filled with new fluid. I got someone else to start the engine while I kept pouring new fluid into the reservoir as it’s important not to let the pump run dry. 
Once the fluid coming out of the return line into the bottle looked nice and clean cherry red colour I stopped the engine, reconnected the return hose to the reservoir tank and topped up the fluid to the right level. 
Nice and easy! The state of the old oil I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the stuff the car was built with! 
How much actual difference it’ll make I don’t know but at least it’s now done and not running filthy old oil through it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...