maestro diesel van Q's

legasoil96

I drove a Maestro as a company hack for a while & thought it utterly dire.

Noisy, roly-poly handling and slow. I guess you are probably a winner on here!

I've never had anything but dire commercials .For the past year I've been using an early Renault master. Now this is added to the fleet it feels nippy. I'm a young driver but no speed freak.

• Like 1

What is it with older chod and Ipswich area registrations? One of my mates who owns a Maxi has recently bought a wheelchair converted 1.3 Maestro van for some weird and perverse reason. Triggs will know who I'm on about. 

the na prima in my mates maestro private hire vehicle always had £5 of petril added when he filled it with diseasal- it wasnt much slower than a diesel turbot montego!

The timing belt was last recorded as changed in 2001. Does anyone know any good old spares shops likely to have a full kit before I have to order one off 'Mister - Auto' they seem quite dear.

• 4 months later...

Went up to Surrey the other night and the front shock absorber ate itself . I've removed it and nearly all day have tried to get the poxy new one on.

I've had it bolted at the top but the two by the hub are impossible the line up.

How hard can it be post-20067-0-75198100-1492892048_thumb.jpg

post-20067-0-32194100-1492892072_thumb.jpg

post-20067-0-21539500-1492892097_thumb.jpg

don't know what to try next.

I'm watching this with interest - I have my montego one off at the moment to replace the spring aids and hopefully it will go back OK as not replacing. Sorry no help whatsoever!

Ps if its like the montego I don't think you need the spring compressors on to refit, but that probably makes no difference to the line up at the bottom