Bought a not so broken BMW E36 convertible

Vince70

I had a bit of luck yesterday as it wasn't just the hood that I got working but my compact also went in for its MOT and passed with flying colours.

I didn't realise the MOT had been out since June but I completely forgot about it as it had been sitting under an old cover and a few boxes in the garage for god knows how long so I connected the battery and it fired up first turn of the key.

It ran a bit lumpy for bit as the petrol was a bit stale as I think last time I used it was back in January but it's a lovely car and the Mot tester said he hadn't seen one that good in years which was nice to hear as its completely rust free but I do fill the jacking points with old engine oil or linseed oil on a regular basis so I guess with that mess sloshing about in there must help.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The problem I have now is I have 3 extremely good low mileage examples which I would have trouble replacing so I've got to ban myself from eBay from now on as its looking like synter BMW circa 1997 around here.

I had a bit of luck yesterday as it wasn't just the hood that I got working but my compact also went in for its MOT and passed with flying colours.

I didn't realise the MOT had been out since June but I completely forgot about it as it had been sitting under an old cover and a few boxes in the garage for god knows how long so I connected the battery and it fired up first turn of the key.

It ran a bit lumpy for bit as the petrol was a bit stale as I think last time I used it was back in January but it's a lovely car and the Mot tester said he hadn't seen one that good in years which was nice to hear as its completely rust free but I do fill the jacking points with old engine oil or linseed oil on a regular basis so I guess with that mess sloshing about in there must help.

post-9282-0-52794100-1472798254_thumb.jpeg

The problem I have now is I have 3 extremely good low mileage examples which I would have trouble replacing so I've got to ban myself from eBay from now on as its looking like synter BMW circa 1997 around here.

I think my neighbours think I'm a car dealer but I try to use man maths logic as I can have all 3 cars insured for under £500 and the cars without repairs owe me about £2700 and most people pay more than that for one boing motor let alone 3 immaculate BMWs

One of my younger brothers can't work it out but when I told him his Corsa that goes wrong on a regular basis cost nearly 3 times the amount than my 3 cars put together it soon shuts him up plus his car now with the depreciation most probably isn't worth much really and with this online tax thing it means I can tax a car a month at a time.

• Like 2

The problem I have now is I have 3 extremely good low mileage examples 

I had a similar problem - five four pot E36's and thus five examples of a car that is worthy but not very exciting. So I got rid of three and now only have two examplres that are different enough. The Touring is as dull as ditchwater, a tool for a job but the purple Compact is quite fun to drive. 

I love that BMW power roofs work from a fair old trot away by remote control.

When I was a salesbastard I never tired of walking towards my Z4 while the roof dropped, ready to be immediately driven away in the manner of one who didn't have to pay for his petrol or tyres.