Daft estate boughted

Rocket88

niCe mOndEO m9....😛

Seriously though, I like these and that looks just the exact spec I'd have myself. 3 litres of wafty V6 goodness and a nice old slushmatic box. Bonus points for not having the beige leather/orange wood combo that afflicts most Jags.
Hope you enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Sheefag said:

I remember Clarkson liked it -

Holy shit did you just post car content?  

I can absolutely see the appeal of these.  Bet it's a much better drive than the legacy and probably less crushing appetite for corrosion.

Well, that didn’t go well… went in for it’s MOT prior to me paying for it… catastrophically failed on sill rot……..this left me in a bit of a pickle, due to an impending 250 mile round trip… so an emergency vehicle purchase was carried out….. amazingly, it’s not exploded yet E320 diesel

12536E85-E461-4112-83A9-45196E605A0A.jpeg

Jag seller - "Solid Motors Ltd - Quality Used Cars"

Solid, you say? Quality, too? Where do I sign?

MOT says...

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Nearside Front Brake disc in such a condition that it is seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Brake disc in such a condition that it is seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Front Position lamp not working (4.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Position lamp not working (4.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Parking brake inoperative on one side (1.4.1 (a))
  • Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))
  • Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle (1.2.1 (b) (i))
  • Rear Seat belt not functioning as intended center belt (7.1.2 (c))
  • Offside Front Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced sill (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Rear Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced sill (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced sill (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Front Inner Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Exhaust hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle exceeds manufacturer's specified limits (8.2.1.2 (a))
  • Exhaust Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (8.2.1.2 (c))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Nearside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Front Registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (0.1 (b))
  • Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))

So, apart from all the rust, the fucked engine, the fucked brakes, the fucked seatbelts, the fucked lights and the wheels about to fall off, it's a Quality Solid motor, right?

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:
  • Nearside Front Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Road wheel more than one fixing missing (5.2.1 (a) (ii))

The concerning implication of this wording being that only having one fixing missing would not be a fail.

It's a new one one me.  I'm fairly sure I've always presented cars for MOT with all the wheel bolts present.  Seems a tad "fundamental" to me.  Or am I just being traditionalist?

2 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

Well, that didn’t go well… went in for it’s MOT prior to me paying for it… catastrophically failed on sill rot……..this left me in a bit of a pickle, due to an impending 250 mile round trip… so an emergency vehicle purchase was carried out….. amazingly, it’s not exploded yet E320 diesel

12536E85-E461-4112-83A9-45196E605A0A.jpeg

Thank fuck you had them MOT it though. Good save that