Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

I have been to see the red Chrysler Sebring again this morning and met Albert the seller who operates the carwash site it is on. He says he has mislaid the keys so I can't open it or drive it. I asked him if it had a service history and he said he thought so. I asked him how long it had been in the UK and he said always, I pointed out it was a non UK model and LHD so he said a long time. Bullshit detector went to 100%!

As I was driving away he stopped me to say the plate on it A8 SYG was worth £500, I do not value it at all, so I suggested he took it off. He replied he did not have the time!

Albert has given me his tel number to call him in a few days to give him time to find the keys. Or charge the flat battery, dry it out and clean the rust of the discs!

The feeling I got is that he would say anything to sell the car regardless of the truth and therefore it needs to being thoroughly inspected and test driven because you are buying what you see!

• Like 2

I want to fill the wheel arches better on my E30 325i moredoors now I am back to STD springs, today I have been to collect some Alpina replica wheels for it 205/40 17 inch. My first choice is to get them refurbished and use them instead of 15 inch BBSs but if they are too damaged at least I will have the chance to see what they look like on my car before I spend £350 on new ones.

post-4787-0-98244000-1483378678_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-42842500-1483378701_thumb.jpg

Maybe tyres with a higher profile on the BBS wheels would be the answer?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The BBSs are 195/50 15 inch and I like the way they look and the handling of the car, it is just the way they fill the wheel arches specially the fronts that bothers me.

post-4787-0-10494400-1483380824_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I liked the several rivulets of oil that decorated Six C's gently sloping drive when I visited in rainy weather yesterday.

Just incase you missed it in the ebay tat thread

15727338_10211520332955028_7376939834850

15781186_10211520332795024_4636672108839

Christmas bargain moted 27th march 2.5 lte but now needs back box paid 3k ect hood , just had two tyres on front needs to go £1500.

Mad Dex classic car for sale on facebook.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Just incase you missed it in the ebay tat thread

15727338_10211520332955028_7376939834850

15781186_10211520332795024_4636672108839

Christmas bargain moted 27th march 2.5 lte but now needs back box paid 3k ect hood , just had two tyres on front needs to go £1500.

Mad Dex classic car for sale on facebook.

I have been to see this one.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

I have been to look at a 1996 Chrylser Stratus convertible today.

The reasons I did not buy it:

• Exhaust rear box missing (seller has a secondhand stainless box which he says he will have adapted to fit the system).

• 3 tyres, while they have some tread are badly cracked on the main tread Patten.

• Wheels has been aerosoled black badly and you can see the flaking lacquer under that.

• Hood while working and not leaking is old. It has a small slit where it folds above the side window glass.

• Heater does not give any hot air but fan works.

• Aircon not working

• Rear bumper corner has hit something and damaged the paint.

• Interior looks tired with minor slits in the leather. Drivers door panel smashed by speaker.

• Odd minor jerk from gearbox.

• Driver door edge touched in badly by hand.

• MOT only 3 months

The BBSs are 195/50 15 inch and I like the way they look and the handling of the car, it is just the way they fill the wheel arches specially the fronts that bothers me.

It appears to have E34 springs fitted. 

I have been playing with my new and old thermometers tonight, the old one reads 180.9º C and the new 197.9º C on our solid fuel stove.

Bear in mind the exchange rate has gone mad since the old thermometer was made. Celsius is up by about 10% since Brexit

• Like 4

Today I collected the ZX after having it rear brakes rebuilt because the self adjusting was not working. I had the glow plugs checked because it takes a few seconds from cold before it runs cleanly but they all draw current so unless it gets worse we will live with it. Also I had the clutch adjusted because you had to push the pedal though the floor to get it to disengage, it is good again now.

The big news is my MG Metro MK1 now starts and has brakes!

post-4787-0-72026000-1483562344_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-27315400-1483562362_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have been playing with my new and old thermometers tonight, the old one reads 180.9º C and the new 197.9º C on our solid fuel stove.

Now you need a third one to verify one of the readings!

• Like 2

Today I collected the ZX after having it rear brakes rebuilt because the self adjusting was not working. I had the glow plugs checked because it takes a few seconds from cold before it runs cleanly but they all draw current so unless it gets worse we will live with it. Also I had the clutch adjusted because you had to push the pedal though the floor to get it to disengage, it is good again now.The big news is my MG Metro MK1 now starts and has brakes!

As much as zxs are excellent work horses, if it was parked next to a Daimler on my drive it'd never get used!

• Like 2

Into each life a little reality must fall!

I ignored two factors when buying my Mercedes as the daily- forgetting that a rear wheeled large engined auto would be hilarious in snow and that I would occasionally need to move my bicycle about. It did manage to transport a full 2cv engine though!

• Like 1