Anyone for LPG?

AXrescuer

This can only happen with a faulty installation - if the inlet filler pipe leaks or the supply pipe leaks ALL of the gas leaking out should be vented OUT side the car not inside - that's why there are conduits and floor vents and a casing for the LPG tank multivalve all connected to the outside and sealed from the inside E.g. the boot compartment. I notice he says it was inspected but not actually ' certified' as fitted up to LPGA COP 11 standards so I suspect it was done on the cheap and the story is the usual tabloid pandering to the emotions. Of course, I'll let you know if my LPG car explodes!

I despise the daily mail with a burning passion that I can barely contain. I am surprised they didnt manage to get any reference to house prices or immigrants asking for free stuff, into this story about an LPG bottle blowing up. According to them everything that happens in the world is caused by one and has a knock-on effect on the other. Fuckers.

You want to be careful, that burning passion might ignite an LPG bottle which has been stolen by an immigrant on his way to get a free house worth £200K from the government.

Posted Image

Bugger. I have an LPG'd E39 and I was contemplating taking up smoking. Bugger thats my relaxing pastime knackered then :lol: As an aside my LPG install had a warranty of 2 years unlimited mileage, if inspected (filters changed too) every 10k. The guy who fitted it has been working for him self since April doing at least a conversion a week - I was the 1st one to return for a service :lol: I think LPG attracts the mongs who normally by diesels, and then moan when the pumps grenade after running on pure chip fat for 50k....

Even the sight of the Daily Mail makes my 9!55 boil... but Mrs P likes to read it at the weekend - it's been the cause of countless rows at our place. When I go to the newsagent and she asks me to bring one, I have to disguise it by wrapping it up in a copy of Razzle.

Wouldn't be the tank that leaked! the pipe joints of the filler pipe probably did and they're only as good as the bloke that fitted them.I don't buy this Clarksonian nation-blaming shite, even the cheapest LPG tank made in Poland is 100 times more secure than the best existing petrol tank