Humber Sceptre Estate Restoration Clips

maxustaxus

It certainly is phwoaar - I remember thinking when they were new that there were not going to be any more cars like this.  Well done.  

• Like 2

Minds? MINDS? Are you crazy? That's just jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Any plans to show it?

Minds? MINDS? Are you crazy? That's just jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Any plans to show it?

Many thanks for all the very kind comments above about the car...I am very fond of this car.

I hope to get to Knebworth car show at least once this year, , and I go to Classics on the Green at Croxely (nr Watford) in something each year.

Fantastic, the green tinted glass goes so well with the yellow paintwork. It is a thing of great loveliness and I bet you have a smile from ear to ear when driving it. Its worth all the time and trouble just for that.

• Like 2

Prior to 1975 there had been no arrow (MK3) shaped estates with the Humber badge.

I was just going to ask 'why do I only ever seem to see Sceptre estates on a 'P' reg?' - but you've answered my question, thanks.  :-)

Looks great.

I love the tail lights on these. [/RegieRitmo]

• Like 2

Having grown up with family Hillmans, these have always been an aspirational car for me. Sheer class - the styling and detailing have aged well - with the best Arrow frontage in my book - and the 1725's a real smoothie [or at least it was in Hunter DL tune]. Should've had a Sceptre back when I were a lad and they were still affordable, instead of that bloody Dolomite.

Am in severe want mode c/w palpitations over this in its yellow gorgeousness c/w the essential Sundym (memory?) glass.

Having grown up with family Hillmans, these have always been an aspirational car for me. Sheer class - the styling and detailing have aged well - with the best Arrow frontage in my book - and the 1725's a real smoothie [or at least it was in Hunter DL tune]. Should've had a Sceptre back when I were a lad and they were still affordable, instead of that bloody Dolomite.

Am in severe want mode c/w palpitations over this in its yellow gorgeousness c/w the essential Sundym (memory?) glass.

I was the same, I had a Hunter DL estate as a teenager (they were cheap), I think it was the first car I ever had (not counting a dodgy CF van with big end bearings knocking cricket balls in a tin drum.)

The 1725 was a lovely gentle thing of an engine.