16-year-old French fancy - for sale

Wilko220

Too many cars, too little space and a bill to pay for lots of shiny brown paint means that I am offering up for sale this cute little bundle of Gallic charm.

KEY FACTS:

• Peugeot 306 'Miami'
  • 1997 R-reg
  • 1360cc petrol POWAR 
  • 5-speed manual gearbox
  • Approx 63,000 miles
  • MOT until April 2014
  • Lots of service history.

It has an electric sunroof (which works) but keep fit windows and is otherwise pretty basic spec (no central locking, no rev counter). It does come complete with a flash after-market JVC radio / CD player though.

I'm not much of a mechanic but it seems to my amateur assessment to be mechanically ok. Has a small oil leak but nothing that occasional topping up can't deal with. At the last MOT the following advisories were listed:

• Offside rear shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing
  • Offside rear brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules
  • Front brake discs rusty inner side
I fitted a new battery (with a four-year guarantee) in February. In April, it had a new oxygen sensor fitted.

Although it looks presentable from a distance, the bodywork is a bit shabby close up, with doors being the worst areas. All would appear to be cosmetic and fairly easy to rectify if required.

In case anyone recalls the randomly clicking indicators problem mentioned on this forum a few months ago, I have now fixed this and they work fine.

The car is located in Hertfordshire, a stone's throw from the A1, M1 and M25.

Happy to take additional pics or answer further questions about the car. Equally very happy to offer tea or cheap beer to anyone who fancies popping round to have a closer look.

£400 sound reasonable?

PICTURE SELECTION

photo%25205.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25206.JPG

photo%25204.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

I had a base spec 1.4 and it was a fantastic car,

Mine had the rev counter and the central locking but your better off without the central locking as it has a habit of going wrong anyway.

My sister in laws car goes in tomorrow for repairs and if it costs to much to repair I will tell her about your motor she's only had 4 cars but two of them were 306s so she may be interested.