Cheap motor reqd

whitevanman

The other half has gone off the road in the Rover75, it's almost certainly a write off :roll: , Need to get a cheap car to keep her going as she travels 100 miles a day, I can get about £300 or so together, needs to be in the North of England or Scotland and be available this weekend. Ebay has nothing I would touch in the price zone....

The other half has gone off the road in the Rover75, it's almost certainly a write off :roll: , Need to get a cheap car to keep her going as she travels 100 miles a day, I can get about £300 or so together, needs to be in the North of England or Scotland and be available this weekend. Ebay has nothing I would touch in the price zone....

Dunc, You can have the 940 sport edition for 300 if you want, mint condition nut needs a clutch, mpg not too bad if you behave yourself! It will need towing to WVM towers and will need a new clutch. To make up for the clutch ill throw in the road tax, till November, mot June I think. Only thing to watch is a noisey pulley up front. Hell, ill even buy it back off you when you are bored with it!

Photos...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15876&p=428625&hilit=sport+edition#p428625

Dunc, You can have the 940 sport edition for 300 if you want, mint condition nut needs a clutch, mpg not too bad if you behave yourself! It will need towing to WVM towers and will need a new clutch. To make up for the clutch ill throw in the road tax, till November, mot June I think. Only thing to watch is a noisey pulley up front. Hell, ill even buy it back off you when you are bored with it!

Photos...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15876&p=428625&hilit=sport+edition#p428625

needs to be in the North of England or Scotland and be available this weekend.

D'you know what, there's a Voyager I fancy near Stirling, and I happen to have a cheap 406 in the north of England.... I might be having a very busy Monday!

needs to be in the North of England or Scotland and be available this weekend.

D'you know what, there's a Voyager I fancy near Stirling, and I happen to have a cheap 406 in the north of England.... I might be having a very busy Monday!

Sorry to hear that mate. I spied a Primera hatch on an R Reg in glenrothes for sale for £300 at the weekend, I dont know if its got MOT etc as i didnt stop to look but on passing it looked really tidy and was out on the main road which *suggests*its legal. I'll do a run by this eve and see if its still there

Sorry to hear that mate. I spied a Primera hatch on an R Reg in glenrothes for sale for £300 at the weekend, I dont know if its got MOT etc as i didnt stop to look but on passing it looked really tidy and was out on the main road which *suggests*its legal. I'll do a run by this eve and see if its still there

Cheers Guy's, Rich, sadly I don't have time to do the clutch this weekend, she needs it mobile on Monday for work, Glenn, That Ka might just be the ticket, Dave yes please mate.....in other news I have just gone and rescued a 1954 Morris Cowley for my landlord, the jammy git got it for £200 and it is solid as a solid thing.....Just needs the brakes and clutch hydraulics sorted :twisted:

Cheers Guy's, Rich, sadly I don't have time to do the clutch this weekend, she needs it mobile on Monday for work, Glenn, That Ka might just be the ticket, Dave yes please mate.....in other news I have just gone and rescued a 1954 Morris Cowley for my landlord, the jammy git got it for £200 and it is solid as a solid thing.....Just needs the brakes and clutch hydraulics sorted :twisted:

OK, quick update, seems she can have a courtesy car for a few days until they decide the Rovers fate, have told them I want it back as I doubt it is much more than cosmetic damage, so in lieu of knowing whats happening I'm putting Granny_Bol's Fiesta back on the road next weekend, so I HOPE the panic is off for next week,

Plan B is to put the LDV Convoy I have just acquired on the road, but it has brakes that shake more than J-Lo ass :shock: and often don't bother to work at all....

Plan C is to MOT the Cortina estate next weekend and use it, none of these are ideal as she 'needs' a modernish car as she is a social worker and there are standards that the council's expect from such workers :roll:

OK, quick update, seems she can have a courtesy car for a few days until they decide the Rovers fate, have told them I want it back as I doubt it is much more than cosmetic damage, so in lieu of knowing whats happening I'm putting Granny_Bol's Fiesta back on the road next weekend, so I HOPE the panic is off for next week,

Plan B is to put the LDV Convoy I have just acquired on the road, but it has brakes that shake more than J-Lo ass :shock: and often don't bother to work at all....

Plan C is to MOT the Cortina estate next weekend and use it, none of these are ideal as she 'needs' a modernish car as she is a social worker and there are standards that the council's expect from such workers :roll: