Fleet update: new tire content

Ian Nexus

Needed to replace the 20 year old Toyota Pickup with something slightly more reliable, sold Toyota for $1400 and for $500 more purchased

F150.jpg?psid=1

2004 F150 Heritage 4x2, slightly larger and more thirsty, but nice drive.

More pictures to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, I have been busy at the Nissan plant, found some time to take some more pictures. Ongoing jobs to do - Oil Change (5000 mile intervals on these :x ) replacement tire, air filter and spark plugs - its on the original plugs at 170k, change interval should be 100k.

F150%20XL%20front.jpg?psid=1

F150%20side.jpg?psid=1

F150%20interior.jpg?psid=1

IMG_9369.JPG?psid=1

Looks like a fun ute man always wanted to tool about in one of these for a while. I can never quite get my head around US mileages they always seem to be on another level

The Toyota had 312K miles on it when I sold it, the 22RE 4 cyl engine has a reputation for longevity. Our commuting distances here in the US are greater than back home there in the UK, and petrol prices have allways been lower - currently 53p a liter.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to buy a new tire at Walmart, was pleasantly surprised that such a large tire was very reasonably priced. Decided on a General Grabber 235/70 x 16 for $105, has white lettering for added 1970 retro points - I remember this brand from custom car magazines when I was a kid.

F150%20grabber%20tire.JPG?psid=1

I have grown fond of the OTT badges on the wings too, I was going to remove them

F150%20wing%20badge.JPG?psid=1

The Toyota had 312K miles on it when I sold it, the 22RE 4 cyl engine has a reputation for longevity. Our commuting distances here in the US are greater than back home there in the UK, and petrol prices have allways been lower - currently 53p a liter.

66p /l here... $3.68/gal

Nice little truck, we have a few of those on our fleet, even with the general abuse they all have over 200k on and burble along merrily, squeaks and rattles optional :D

--Phil