Non shed thread..

fotorabia

That website's bloody tedious to read. From what I can make out, there's a mental health angle...

What's the deal? Can you rock up in your shitter, claim some floorspace and get to work on your engine?

Or do you need to sit, talk about your feelings, and accept some "help" from the other service users?

Not being cynical or anything - just trying to understand this particular concept...

Pit Start do a similar thing in the UK, except you pay for it:

http://www.pitstartgarage.com/self_service.html

"Looney grief circle"?????????? :roll: I never described it as such, but whatever...

I thought I was asking a legitimate question re. how the scheme operates.

Given that the website brings up mental health I wanted to know how that fits into the Mens Shed philosophy...

I'm still no closer to comprehending the whole thing, now that you've thrown your toys from the pram. :roll:

What's the deal? Can you rock up in your shitter, claim some floorspace and get to work on your engine?

Doesn't look as if you can :cry:

We sell specialty timbers, do joinery work, repair furniture, make furniture, sharpen tools, make wooden toys and other products, train members in wood working skills and have lots of fun. Other groups use the shed for art classes, bonsai and lead light classes

Doesn't sound very Trevor Baylis to me :?

Depressingly the idea seem to have caught on over here, and in one of the epicentres of Autoshite too :shock: :

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/cheshire/Our-se ... ds-a-Shed/

Depressing because these patronising gits regard anyone over 55 as ancient; unnecessary mission creep when they do very little for the really ancient :evil: