Edd's Talbot Samba Thread

SambaS

No DVLA or Police record of that according to text check. I am trying to find another surviving S model you see. Lots were rallied so there is a slim chance of me finding one still!

samba1.jpg

Early plate madness?

Please share, quite rare on an X

My mum had an X reg Samba, she bought it from one of her cousins and it was a great little car. I've got a photo of it - somewhere!

He has that, and another. The another is a bit poorly though. I've been trying to persuade him to sell me it for a few years!

Thats good to know there still some about. Liking yours too of course. Good to see a convertable haven't seen one on the road in ages.

My uncle was looking to buy one but after looking at a few ropey examples he blew the budget an brought a 205 convertable instead.

He had a A reg Samba 1.1 GL in Navy blue before that too just remenbered! It set itself on fire on the petrol forecourt at Kingsbury village oppersite the swan

pub near Tamworth. Luckly while everbody just stood there my dad who was in the passanger seat grabbed a bucket an saved it from burning the village down!

It was fixed on the cheap carb was the cause i seam to remenber so a 2nd hand carb an the buckled bonnet rattled canned and it was good to go.

He sold it to a student a year later when he got the 205.

A friend at school said his dad had owend a Samba Trio in green. It had been sold before i knew him but he had always wanted to drive one. When i had past my test i met

up with him one friday night in Tamworth oppersite the snowdome in a carpark where all the boyracers used to hang out. He took it out for a spin down the duel carriage

way an i could hear him redlining it through 2nd an 3rd When he came back he seamed impressed with it untill i reminded him he would have to let me have a go in his

mk2 1.3 Golf. :twisted: Wasn't as good as my Samba though. :D An no one ever gave me greif over my choice of car they saved that for my friend who had a Lada Riva 1300

estate. Did lend it my brother one night who stopped at the then Rover dealer forecourt to fill up for me an the women working there asked if it was a Vauxhall Nova.

So far as I'm aware the Trio was navy blue only with denim seats and a Sport steering wheel. Also my local petrol station has a Samba on fire on it's safety sheet. Weird. 

So far as I'm aware the Trio was navy blue only with denim seats and a Sport steering wheel. Also my local petrol station has a Samba on fire on it's safety sheet. Weird.

Thats strange i could of sworn he said it was a Trio. Did they do a limited edition in a dark green with colour coded wheeltrims do you know i remenber him showing me a picture?

Maybe the picture of the Samba on the Fire sheet was my uncles. :D Though i remenber my dad filling my Samba up with a petrol can outside are house while smoking a fag.

My neighbours loved that!

I'll check the brochure 8) '...Ming Blue metallic paint, attractive bodyside tapes and aerodynamic wheel covers, tinted glass all round, a glass sun hatch and a rear spoiler. Inside, TRIO is colour co-ordinated. Blue carpet. Denim cloth seat inserts with a special diagonal stitching pattern. Fuschia piping on the seats and see-through front seat head restraints. Blue door trim pads and fuschia front door moulding. For the driver a sports steering wheel, optimum visibility and an ergonomically designed fascia layout. The rear parcel shelf is blue.'

I'll check the brochure 8) '...Ming Blue metallic paint, attractive bodyside tapes and aerodynamic wheel covers, tinted glass all round, a glass sun hatch and a rear spoiler. Inside, TRIO is colour co-ordinated. Blue carpet. Denim cloth seat inserts with a special diagonal stitching pattern. Fuschia piping on the seats and see-through front seat head restraints. Blue door trim pads and fuschia front door moulding. For the driver a sports steering wheel, optimum visibility and an ergonomically designed fascia layout. The rear parcel shelf is blue.'

The more i think about it the more im positive it was a Trio. Side trim check. Colour coded aerodynamic wheel covers check. Sunroof check. Denim cloth seat inserts check.

Maybe his had been done up with bits from a Trio prehaps? I haven't spoke to him in years so i've now way of checking with him.

All this talk of Sambas have got me wanting one! There a tatty GL on ebay at the moment just a shame im broke an out of work still or i'd be bidding on it. Couldn't bid on a nice Style on there round xmas time for the same reason. Sods law i guess.

Yeah its 90miles from me, I've spoken to the owner and have devised a plot so watch this space.

In all honesty though I think it will go for more than we are willing to pay.

Yeah its 90miles from me, I've spoken to the owner and have devised a plot so watch this space.

In all honesty though I think it will go for more than we are willing to pay.

That's good to hear i hope it work's out for you then. Loving that 90's stick on passanger mirror it has, i haven't seen that bodge in years.

I though that was the standard mirror, it's a strange one. My Cabriolet has that style of mirror, someone asked me what it was from. I said a Talbot Samba?!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300702843368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$(KGrHqN,!ocE9eBV(yqOBPm+yKk4iQ~~60_12.JPG

They used to sell them mirrors in motor factors when i was still a kid in the mid 90's as aftermarket replacement mirrors you could also get them in various colours too.

Red an white for sure an the standard black.

Im sure the Cabriolet you have should have the standard door mirrors as shown on the picture of the Trio.

Mid April this was on ebay that I missed, no MOT but quite nice looking:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230774904804&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AGB%3A1123

$(KGrHqVHJC0E7y-69gbyBPg2nSWGL!~~60_3.JPG

went for £1100 !!

It has an interesting front valence and the red tapes in the bumpers are a la Samba S.

My Cabrio has had the plastic bumpers from a hatchback fitted

Haaaa! I think you're right. Well I never. I think there's some normal Samba ones in my garage. I'll have to get that sorted!

Glad to be of help i hope! Alot of people used to fit one to cars that didn't have a passanger mirror like the Samba on ebay.

They remind me of the Fiat mirrors of the 80's like what's fitted to the MK1 Uno i have.

Yer i was watching that Samba myself i was surprised that it went for that much in the end myself considering it had headgasket issues an no mot or tax.

Same as fitted to mine but a previous owner painted the edges red. When I refurb mine they're going back to original. I'd like the whole car original, lots to do. For instance my interior is from a Honda Civic

I am amazed that someone has bid £1100 for a samba soft top with no MOT, manky tyres and potential headgasket problems!!!!! I must say i am dubious about the likelihood of that sale completing.

Saw a D plate Samba today which was looking pretty clean. Went past too quickly for a photo though

No rear spoiler, wrong bumpers, wrong interior, wrong dashboard, wrong side tapes, no red tape inserts on side rubbing strips.

Has the correct decal on tailgate.

Verdict: this is no more Samba S than my Cabriolet :|

100314093842540044.jpg

ETA plus it's in France

Not a Samba S but there a very nice looking GLS now on ebay. Item no 200750797887 sorry couldn't seam to link it to here. :roll: He said the reserve is 4 figures and starts with a 1.

Don't think i'll be getting another Samba for a £130 like my old Style then. Great pics SambaS this tread making me wish i could have another Samba again maybe when im back in work etc.

My goodness (being polite). As a 1360cc it'll be quite toey as well as ludicrously economical...

Modernised 104ZS, if yer trapped in teh '70s ;) .

Jeez!

Well I never even got a bid in on the Lincoln Samba, it went slightly over my quite strict budget. Bearing in mind I've had two on the road Sambas for that price in recent years. So my revised plan is to take my engine out, weld up the bulkhead, fit a new clutch and see what my exhaust manifold's issue is. Watch this space...