Ex-Junkman, Ex-Meshking P38 back up for grabs

fraser.innes.3

Of course there's a little forum drama now and then, but that's forums. You could start a crocheting forum with only two old ladies on it and within a month they'd be on each other's ignore lists.

"Could"?

Mrs DC sometimes shows me the shit that goes down on the Ravelry forum. That's knitting, crochet and other yarncrafts.

Fuck me, dem yarn hoares is fierce.

I'm told they have a group called "Rubberneckers" whose sole purpose is gleefully reposting the various spats, strops, threats, hysterical breakdowns and faked-deaths (no, really) over the head of something as apparently genteel as yarncraft.

They probably say things like, "Hey shithead, if you can't hack it on the lacework boards, go take your whiny bitch ass over to an old car forum where they're all nicey-nicey and no-one ever gets their face stabbed with a set of super-sharp DPNs."

I reckon you're being extremely optimistic in thinking they could go a whole month before someone threatens to pop a cap in someone else's ass.

Even when things aren't going so well, this place is still like a teddy bears' picnic in comparison. I'm serious.

Sorry, but I have to get my first warning point somewhen.

1. You don't engage in a roffle for a 4.6 litre Range Rover if buying 660 Quids worth of new tyres (is it a fucking formula one car, or what?) for your wifey's transport changes your life circumstances. If you do, you are just an ordinary fuckwit.

2. Looking at some other deals* that happened here recently (I'm not going to tell names, but believe you me, I'd love to) dealing on Autoshite has turned way too much into a Fuckyoutree 2.0 lately for my taste.

You tossers better get your acts together.

It's just not cricket anymore.

Going back to the concept of what a roffle is/was...

Wasn't it a way of shifting something unwanted without the ebay/gumtree rigmarole? - Roffler has less hassle moving a vehicle on / Rofflee gets a motah for a cheap windscreen price.

Yes, shit happens, but on one side it should put the roffler at a disadvantage (having a vehicle hanging around) and on the other it should be a straightforward collection with no hidden surprises (as far as anyone can tell) to the rofflee. So as far as I'm concerned whilst certain unwritten community rules may morally apply, it boils down to roffler/rofflee to sort it out between themselves in and orderly and timely fashion the handover.

Now I would put forward that a deal isn't sealed until to keys are handed over. So unless the rofflee has agreed with roffler in advance, it shouldn't be put up for any other method of jogging it on be it sale/roffle/whatever. If the vehicle is collected - whilst it might not sit well with some other roffle participants, then do as you wish with it thereafter. Flip it for a gazillion quid for all it matters.

I knew a grenade had been thrown in the room when the blind auction had been first mooted. Doesn't matter how you cut it, it isn't a transparent process. That's why the lotto numbers are used a basis of a roffle and not any old random-number-between-1-and-59-generator - the result can't be got at (or even suggesting it could be). On top of that it also looked from the outside as a flip with minimal effort to gain more than £12 with next-to-zero effort (with a charadee cloak to remove a bit of guilt from the gain). Next to none of this shit would have been thrown back had the car been picked up. Even if there had, there could at least be some defending arguments fielded back.

Roffles are meant to take the stress out of selling and be fun, not be a bawache above and beyond a regular sale.