help - how can i buy this car.

aled

a mate of mine phoned and told me of an early rear wheel drive toyota starlet in a council lockup in my town, it has been there from the mid 90s and looks savable.

my problem is how can i find out who owns it, the garage doors are damaged and i think some pikey types will either hiab it or kids will vandalise it.

short of putting a big notice on it saying that i want to buy it with my telephone number on it, i don't know what to do.

any ideas guys?

---thanks in advance -- aled :?

Go to the council offices who own/rent the garage,they won,t tell you any owners details,but you may find they would like it cleared themselves if the tennant owes them money,but if they have to remove it then its all about costs etc,get hold of them in person,don,t do it over the phone,it can be a waste,go in and speak to the department ref garage rentals.

I've got an idea, write to the DVLA on some made-up headed note paper from the 'Turdbox site mainteance + engineering company' saying that you have been contracted to clear a site and the car is parked on it and can they give you the owners details. If it looks pukka and you enclose a potal order for £6 or whatever it is, theres a good chance the DVLA will pocket the dough and send you the details as they love giving foiks details to all and sundry for a few groat.

I've got an idea, write to the DVLA on some made-up headed note paper from the 'Turdbox site mainteance + engineering company' saying that you have been contracted to clear a site and the car is parked on it and can they give you the owners details. If it looks pukka and you enclose a potal order for £6 or whatever it is, theres a good chance the DVLA will pocket the dough and send you the details as they love giving foiks details to all and sundry for a few groat.

Sounds about right by their standards!+