Chrysler 180/2 Litre Parts Car

CrownJewels

On a tangent, would a Volvo engine and box slot in? Thinking of the P604 link-in, and the V6 silkiness.... Maybe the 2.3 Turbo? 6 pot diesel? The world's your lobster.

It would take a braver man than I to rescue that old girl....no engine or gearbox and a few other bits missing aswell. Is it economically viable?

Respect to anyone who is up for the challenge!

The car was launched in France in 1970 so the 40th anniversary was celebrated last year, however this year is Happy 30th Birthday Tagora 1981-2011. I'll be taking mine to France in June to take part in their celebrations!!

The car was launched in France in 1970 so the 40th anniversary was celebrated last year, however this year is Happy 30th Birthday Tagora 1981-2011. I'll be taking mine to France in June to take part in their celebrations!!

Remember to take your camera!

Yo lankytim, how much do you reckon would it cost in gas to drag that old thing back from Southampton then?

Well the Audi does about 200 miles to £28 worth of gas..

• 1 year later...

The Chrysler C car was intended to take a newly designed british-built V6 but regrettably that engine was cancelled after much of the tooling had been installed in the Coventry factory. So on the face of it the engine bay will be big enough to put a V6 in. What are the alternatives? PRV V6 anyone ? Although finding one these days in rear-drive configuration would be a struggle.

Hopefully someone can save this. The body looks quite good in the pics.

PRV V6 anyone ? Although finding one these days in rear-drive configuration would be a struggle.

You so sure about that?

100_2331-vi.jpg

V6, and even a manual gearbox if you must! It's for sale too; sadly it's in Paphos so the trip home would be... best avoided.

Hopefully someone can save this. The body looks quite good in the pics.

406, you do realise this was a year ago? I'll be amazed if there's anything left of it now. I'll also be delighted if someone can prove me wrong!