Popular Post Motown Posted September 24, 2025 Author Popular Post Posted September 24, 2025 The 827 Fastback was collected by the insurance company and its replacement arrived this week Rover SD1 Vanden Plas I previously owned this car some of you may remember me putting it up for sale on here. I bought it as a non runner from a wet field in Cornwall back in 2019 I restored it and used it daily right up until the week i sold it in December 2022. During my ownership i pretty much did everything on it but i simply couldn't afford the respray at the time and it went for a criminally cheap sum of money. I actually tracked the car down and purchased it from the guy who bought it from the place i sold it too back in 2022. Its done less than 1k miles since and has been freshly resprayed in silver leaf (Its original colour) The front door cards are a little knackered but beyond that she's a peach! I feel blessed to have it back Bear, vtec-e, Soundwave and 48 others 44 7
Peter C Posted September 24, 2025 Posted September 24, 2025 10/10 sdkrc, Motown, Garythesnail and 1 other 1 3
High Jetter Posted September 24, 2025 Posted September 24, 2025 8 hours ago, Motown said: The 827 Fastback was collected by the insurance company and its replacement arrived this week Rover SD1 Vanden Plas I previously owned this car some of you may remember me putting it up for sale on here. I bought it as a non runner from a wet field in Cornwall back in 2019 I restored it and used it daily right up until the week i sold it in December 2022. During my ownership i pretty much did everything on it but i simply couldn't afford the respray at the time and it went for a criminally cheap sum of money. I actually tracked the car down and purchased it from the guy who bought it from the place i sold it too back in 2022. Its done less than 1k miles since and has been freshly resprayed in silver leaf (Its original colour) The front door cards are a little knackered but beyond that she's a peach! I feel blessed to have it back That is fit. Motown 1
AnthonyG Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 Lovely, and the design predecessor of the 827 Fastback as well. A D plate is a late registration for an SD1, I’m assuming they didn’t make these in parallel with the early 800s? Motown 1
Knotty Ash Towers Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 12 hours ago, AnthonyG said: Lovely, and the design predecessor of the 827 Fastback as well. A D plate is a late registration for an SD1, I’m assuming they didn’t make these in parallel with the early 800s? There may have been a slight overlap, as there were quite a few E-reg SD1s. Mind you, the Met had some F & G-reg SD1s, which they must have stockpiled. Motown 1
Motown Posted September 26, 2025 Author Posted September 26, 2025 On 24/09/2025 at 15:09, Rightnider said: Beautiful! Thank you the car looks good too Rightnider 1
Motown Posted September 26, 2025 Author Posted September 26, 2025 On 24/09/2025 at 23:01, High Jetter said: That is fit. The car is like my wife.... Old makes alot of noise and has a huge rear end! High Jetter 1
Motown Posted September 26, 2025 Author Posted September 26, 2025 21 hours ago, AnthonyG said: Lovely, and the design predecessor of the 827 Fastback as well. A D plate is a late registration for an SD1, I’m assuming they didn’t make these in parallel with the early 800s? Slight overlap as already mentioned. They definitely shared a space under a roof together for a short period! Id imagine as the first 800 saloons were going on the last SD1s were coming off.
EyesWeldedShut Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 21 hours ago, AnthonyG said: A D plate is a late registration for an SD1, I’m assuming they didn’t make these in parallel with the early 800s? The Met had some late reg'd ones - they were still coming via our workshops from God knows which storage warehouse/airfield - 1987 I drove a 'new'ly prepared 2600 Vanden Plas that had been blue from the factory - quick blowover in white, stick on some jam sandwich stripes and, hey, presto - cheap plod car. From ten feet, It was still blue under the bonnet and around the door hinges - that one was maybe be on an F plate, more likely an E. 827s were already in use by Traffic Police but we continued with the SD1 (and some other stuff) until about 1988/89 when the Sierra 2.0 was finally opted for as the SD1 2600S/VP replacement. Motown and mk2_craig 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now