Mean Green 206CC....MOT pass

chancer

58 minutes ago, grizz said:

Brilliant. 

I am sitting here in Hannibal Missouri having Cajun Catfish, fries and corn bread with Dennis whose birthday is today. 

I expected nothing less from the car.  

Glad you landed safe. 

IMG_2782.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

IMG_5068.jpeg

Cheers mate. Happy Birthday to Dennis

• chancer changed the title to Mean Green 206CC....MOT pass

Noticed that the wee car only had a few weeks MOT left...stuck it in for one today and got a pass. Not a clean sheet, couple of advisories to work through. Also investigated why the roof didn't work 100%, found a broken cable mechanism which had a cable tie repair. Cable tie was getting in the way of a sensor so roof wouldn't seal closed. Sourced a 2nd hand mechanism, and will fire that on in the coming days. All in all it's a crackin wee car

41 minutes ago, chancer said:

Noticed that the wee car only had a few weeks MOT left...stuck it in for one today and got a pass. Not a clean sheet, couple of advisories to work through. Also investigated why the roof didn't work 100%, found a broken cable mechanism which had a cable tie repair. Cable tie was getting in the way of a sensor so roof wouldn't seal closed. Sourced a 2nd hand mechanism, and will fire that on in the coming days. All in all it's a crackin wee car

As mentioned, I had done the cable tie repair as I had no intention of spending more on a car that had no space on my drive. 

Also, would not expect anything less than a pass. 

Well done and thanks. 

1 hour ago, grizz said:

As mentioned, I had done the cable tie repair as I had no intention of spending more on a car that had no space on my drive. 

Also, would not expect anything less than a pass. 

Well done and thanks. 

Yeah sorry if that came across the wrong way, it wasn't a gripe, if anything I was glad of the cable tie as it highlighted the bit needing replaced and made life easy. All I had to do was source the part. Luckily there's a guy close by in Falkirk who breaks peugeots so he had some on the shelf.

@grizzyou have done the big ticket item with the cambelt etc, which made this wee car a worthwhile and viable option, and definately worth the travel for. If I can take up where you left off and improve it further then it stands a better chance of seeing a few more years on the road. 

As alluded to in my wanted advert, this car isn't for me. It's for a good friend and neighbour, so I will probably continue to repair and improve this wee car, while she gets to enjoy the roof down in the sun

• Like 6

On 12/09/2024 at 21:08, chancer said:

Luckily there's a guy close by in Falkirk who breaks peugeots

Out of curiosity, who is it? Only about 19 years too late for hydraulic hoses for my 306 cab though! 

6 hours ago, Cheezey said:

Out of curiosity, who is it? Only about 19 years too late for hydraulic hoses for my 306 cab though! 

No idea, found his listings on ebay, there was a phone number so I just called him. Something like GR autoparts