Dead features in cars that need to make a comeback

warren t claim

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

My Triumph has its reversing light on a manual switch for that reason. 

Well I could just shine a torch but that’s illegal too.

2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Well I could just shine a torch but that’s illegal too.

I never said I have used it for that purpose, just that it's there if I wanted to. 

10 hours ago, Yoss said:

My Triumph has its reversing light on a manual switch for that reason. 

Amusing anecdote from a trip up from Dundee to Aberdeen retrieving a coach that had been having some repair work done.  We saw a car tailgating us, and eventually get so close as to completely disappear behind the coach.  About ten minutes later, he's had enough of being tailgated.  Especially as this was on a dual carriageway, if they want to do more than the 100kph we're limited to, just pass us already.

I see my mate tapping a couple of buttons off to the left somewhere and chortling to himself.  About five seconds later, said car reappears in the mirrors, clearly having virtually stopped.

Guessing that's about the point at which the driver noticed the text "Caution - Coach reversing!" scroll past on the rear destination blind...

Yes we made sure the road behind was otherwise clear before doing this.

They refused to come any closer than about 500 yards for the rest of the time we were on the same road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dunno if it belongs in here but randomly found out holding down the lock or unlock button inside the Octavia (not the remote) activates total closure or total open of the windows.

Can’t use total open fully though as the rear passenger window falls off the rails at fully down 🤣