Jumping on the bandwaggon, got my new shite this weekend too

Marty

As many of you know its:

170K mile BX17 TZD Turbo.

Its shiteness is acclaimed by the following:

170K miles

Tinted Glass

Fuel gauge with a mind of its own

Home fitted air con that causes the drive belt to scream like a little girl in a Hammer Horror Movie under any prodding of the loud pedal

Covered in seagull shit.

Non working reversing lamps.

Marginal battery life

And do you know what, despite probably paying over the odds for it, its a blast to drive once its warmed up. Lost a couple of other cars in my dust today and it felt sooooo gooood . For those of you who don't like the Froggy plates, it son standard UK ones, and the number will be being swapped soon anyway as it belongs to the seller (its going on some boggo number) - its also got alloys that I will probably be swapping for steelies as soon as I find a set. I may well disconnect the air con and fit a standard alternator belt too - we will see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very very nice. So, tell me - only 1769cc turbots on BXs, no 1905s?170k is nowt, as all of my fleet attests to - the newbie being the mere stripling on 177k, the saloon on 188k and the Harlequin on 248k...How's the home fitted aircon come about - is it using gennerwine PSA parts or some kinda bitsa special? Interesting! I'm gonna try and get mine working, hopefully just needs a re-gas. I don't need it in the white saloon but my Hunter estate looks to be the same colour as your BX and so due to the dark hue I reckon it's going to get hot in the sunlight.

My Dad had a Turbodiesel estate a while back....275,000 miles and still going strong when he traded it in for a ZX Volcane Turbodiesel....With good servicing, they seem to go on for yonks! :D

How's the home fitted aircon come about - is it using gennerwine PSA parts or some kinda bitsa special? Interesting!

All the bits (an the interior, including dash pod) have been sourced off a GTi 16V with aircon and retro fitted, as well as the loom, dashboard and extra fan it also needs the sump from the 16V fitting too - the downside is the belt is a custom jobbie for this car, and despite being uber uber tight it still squeals.Its also a R142(or sommat) gas system that is a) banned and B) hard to find these days and c) a bit leaky.It has a sunshine roof - that will do for me come the hot weather!

Aha! I see. I think mine runs R12 (the old refridgerant) as well, so I'm going to get the local garage to pressure test the system, hopefully the gas has just run out. You can put the newer stuff (R134A) in but apparently if the seals are old it will leak out. Fingers crossed, 'cos my car has no sunroof...

I quite like those Frenchie style plates......somehow more acceptable when it's not Deutscher style!I didn't realise mock plates of other countries were available.....can you get them for all countries?

There are a few other available. I do quite fancy some French ones for my van.http://www.craigsplates.com

Can you get a product called BELT GRIP from CRC in a spraycanjust a little squirt and the screaming stops..just a little squirt !

Is that why I have such a dislike for belt dressings? I tend to use half a can, the squeal goes away for about 30 seconds, then comes back worse.I sell one at work called "BELT SLIP" - It does exactly what it says on the can!