Masha - ЗАЗ Таврiя (ZAZ Tavria) - Слава Україні (#SlavaUkraini) - let's get legal! (Then decide).

RichardK

Today I have learned:

It is definitely 1995 as it's in the chassis number.

It has tubeless tyres and Bast knows why it has inner tubes at the moment but I will be sorting that out.

I can get a letter from AutoZaZ that sorts the MOT emissions issue out. Via Ed, owner of the finest red one.

So now it's getting four 165/70 R13s ASAFP and then hopefully some paperwork done. Actually making myself wait to get alternator parts before ordering tyres.

• RichardK changed the title to Masha - ЗАЗ Таврiя (ZAZ Tavria) - Слава Україні (#SlavaUkraini) - let's get legal! (Then decide).
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I have a working, mobile Tavria, but I also have two weeks before ankle surgery.

What the Tavria needs:

Letter from IFA for age - in progress.
New tyres - not a big issue. Last tester was happy to let these pass but they're obviously old.
A warning light for the foglight switch - the switch HAS a warning light in it, but it's not connected!
Battery hold-down clamp - this is probably like a VW Polo or similar.
Registering. All paperwork is present and correct.

It is currently starting first time, etc.

If anyone will give me what I've spent on it, I am happy to let it go to a new home with better storage and resources. Not looking to swap for a car, but I'll certainly consider offers.

Oh, there is one thing I'd be keen to do a deal on.

Smart ForTwo/City Coupe. Cabrio also considered. LHD is also fine (preferred actually, I like the way the original ones ride compared to coil-sprung facelift/RHD.