Jump to content

Fleet update - Will the wheels fall off? - Cookie's adventures in shiteing


Recommended Posts

Posted

SLK update

I held off on a battery. Wanted to see if it would lose volts overnight.

Answer is no

20261001_174119.jpg.27a895cefe0144a35628a16ec70431bc.jpg

Plugged in the icarsoft v1.

Comms established. A boatload of historical codes in engine / gearbox and SRS modules.

Apologies but forgot to take pictures. Mind you I doubt if anyone would want to see 15 pictures of different codes.

That many codes, in my experience usually points to a power interruption.

Cleared the codes. All warning lights now gone.

So none the wiser.

Maybe earth fault as Bear suggested. Poppy swears the key wouldnt fully turn, but I suspect that wasnt the case.

Told her to drive it tomorrow and see what happens.

So I dont really have a clue.

I kinda need it to happen again.

C-Max

Cant find my lead to connect the forscan tablet. Will try generic reader tomorrow. Its booked into garage next Thursday.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Was the 14.3v at idle ? Seems a bit on the high side, though I don't know if it's normal for those Mercs. Could it be over-charging ?

Posted
52 minutes ago, Sigmund Fraud said:

Was the 14.3v at idle ? Seems a bit on the high side, though I don't know if it's normal for those Mercs. Could it be over-charging ?

Yes, it was idling.

I dont know what the correct voltage should be at idle.

Posted

SLK - today a warning light appeared.

Screenshot_20261002_161020_Messenger.jpg.fd653824919f0141c668b2affd043ef7.jpg

Then after a bit of driving it went out.

Little cookie away from home today, so I cant plug it in.

Electrical gremlins are great.

 

 

Posted

The rear axles on these seem prone to ABS flakiness. And because the light is behind the wheel for my eyes, I tended not to notice if it lit. The blue one did it all the time, I don't remember this one doing it.

33 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Yes, it was idling.

I dont know what the correct voltage should be at idle.

14.1-14.7 - 14.3 is spot on really, for a typical load.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

After a number of years faithful service the CRV has left the fleet.

20261005_131143.jpg.e08869dc05c0da0114b07cd73fba2d7a.jpg

Sold to a local trader. Same one who took the Merc E class at start of the year.

E class was sold on by them and is now parked in a barn, waiting its turn for being fixed.

Posted

Cmax will probably be an instrument cluster fault based on those symptoms 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
2 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Cmax will probably be an instrument cluster fault based on those symptoms 

Your spidey senses are pretty good.

Plugged in and no codes.

20261005_182216.jpg.bec9c76f50af5834bb9b746bf5222914.jpg

So, a cluster issue is most likley.

Time for some soldering. Not me though. I cant solder lol

 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...