Hold the phone. Rover 75 will be on the cards next year...

pandamonium

I was looking at the pics of PBK's new steed, when my other half said, 'Ooh, that's nice' 

We proceeded to look at pictures of them, and we concluded that we would have a 75 estate in dark blue or green, once we have sorted our finances out, next year...

post-1804-0-49133800-1510095093_thumb.jpg

I think I've chosen a good person to spend the rest the rest of my life with :) 

Advise a Diesel Auto Tourer, unless I find it first.

Petrols sound good, but use more fuel, have expensive belts to change and can have cooling problems.

Tailgate struts can punch holes in the pillars, but its an easy repair. They tend to leak a little at the back.

Check the MOT history, they can be a money pit. 

Apart from that and other things, they are great.

Can I join your gang ? 75 very much on my shopping list and have to confess the Tourer appeals.

I've been glued to the 'buyer advice' thread over on the 75/ZT forum which is well worth spending some time getting cosy with - everything you can think of is answered here :

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75282

I do know I'd prefer a pre Project Drive one, but probably not an early Cowley made one, as it seems most of the early slip-ups were sorted by the time they got the lines running at Longbridge - so essentially 2000-2002 for me.

The one thing I will not compromise on - must be a Conny, pref SE.  No 'poverty' spec Club or Classic for me

The 'buyers advice' thread on the 75/ZT forum is indeed well worth a read. Spot on really. A well sorted 75 is a joy IMHO.

Mrs Beard has no interest at all in cars. They are just a means of getting from A to B and back. As long as the car is clean and reliable that is all she cares about. Until I bought the BRG Rover 75 Connoisseur.

She loves it and drives it at every opportunity.

"Wafting about like lady muck" in her words...

A convert!

I wouldn’t mind a facelift ZT.

I remember being 17 and one of my school pals who’s dad owned his own building firm and had a new Mondeo every 2 years since launch decided he wanted an MG ZT, so here he turns up to school in a 54 plate brand new black 2.5 V6 190+ which apparently his dad paid £31,000 for.

As I remember it had half leather, a cd multi changer in the boot, 18” alloys, and was pretty well equipped for a 2004 car and I’ve wanted one ever since.

Also remember the prefacelift 75, I thought they were an old mans car at the time, but now I’d have one, it’d need to be a wedgewood blue saloon, pre project drive, top spec so Connoisseur SE?? with all the chrome mirror caps etc, xenon headlights, the ‘Serpent’ alloys, a sunroof, the dark coloured leather interior, carpets, trim etc the auto dim rear view mirror, auto wipers, and as many optional extras as possible. Trouble is I think my specifics for a 75 are so rare, even when they were current but especially now, that I’d never find one to match my requirements.