Redundancy Ramblings

pompei

Three months into a new job, the b***ds made me and a few others redundant as part of a management regrouping, or whatever the crap-speak is. But grey clouds and silver linings, got a new job, but don't start until January, so lots of time for lolling about whilst Beloved toils at the hospital. And other benefits too:-First, the company motor is going back - it's a 318 diseasal, and a nasty piece of tat. Not sorry to see it go. Then Beloved says to me, we need a runaround for you until you start the job. Ferrying kids when she's at work. That kind of thing. Go and find a car for 500 quid or less. So I'm like a pig in primroses, scouring ebay, the small-ads, the newsagents' windows and Tesco's notice board. A plethora of old crap out there, all waiting to have tyres kicked, and service histories examined. What joy!Few fixed rules, need 4 doors, MoT, and be capable of being sold on again in the New Year when I can buy something better.I'll let you all know what develops ...

That sucks to be given the heave-ho after a short time. I'm out on my ear too, as a victim of circumstance more than anything. But it does mean I get about £7k in my sky-rocket as a result. Very tempted to blow it all on shite. But removing the credz cardz and a new central heating wotsit are on the menu. Good luck with your shite-quest. There's that lovely Austin Princess on the bay, surely ticks the boxes. GET ON WITH IT.